ACT - Manager - Procurement
ACT (Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt. Ltd.)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2023
Strategy definition and implementation:
- A highly dynamic and critical position managing the entire gamut of Direct material sourcing and associated services across multiple categories along with ERP, MIS, and Analytics function. It will require highly technical Procurement and Supply chain skillset as well as dynamic leadership in managing teams.
- On a day-to-day basis, it will involve management of a team of buyers and Material Planners, strategizing & implementation of Annual Procurement Plan, Sustainable Sourcing, enabling sales & operations by ensuring material availability, ensuring GRC and spend analytics to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement function.
Strategy definition and implementation:
- Should be able to understand and develop category-specific procurement strategy in accordance with Business Unit as well as company level priorities. This person needs to be an excellent executor apart from forming the strategies as Individual should be smart enough to analyse scope of supply, contractual obligations and exactly understand internal as well as external customer's functional needs. He should be able to identify procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project to avoid potential damage / exploit potential.
- Should be a champion of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with reliable and up-to-date cost data on the same. Should Include (supplier) innovations (e.g., through concept competitions) that improve our cost positions and added Lead complex contractual and price, cash flow and commercial T&C negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for various categories to secure savings targets with optimum conditions on the basis of TCO.
- Ensure that major Procurement risks, changes to original scope of supply and potential claims (towards customers and suppliers) are covered in valid contracts. Ensure that contractual obligations are covered in a way that mitigates the own risk exposure.
- Proactively enable Sales & Operations by ensuring material availability across all the cities where ACT operates by working in close co-ordination with Warehousing team (it will also include Forecasting, Inventory Planning - MSL, Stock days, etc.)
- Apply preferred vendor list (e.g., PVL), provide supplier information to the category teams, execute supplier performance management, and dynamically manage the PVL to keep capable and strategic suppliers only in database
- Be proactive and forward systematically all relevant Procurement related information (e.g., updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all stakeholders and relevant cross-functional partners up to date.
- Share best practice and conduct lessons learn sessions. Sensitize cross-functional partners for Procurement related practices processes and metrics.
- Ensuring Governance, Risk and Compliance throughout the Sourcing to Contracting & Purchase to Pay process by automation of P2P controls, plugging gaps in SAP & HANA & ARIBA and weekly review of MIS on procurement KPIs
- Analysing multiple MIS pertaining to GRC, procurement and Material Management and utilizing excel analytics n Procurement data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Procurement as a function.
- Monitor and track the performance of Buyers in timely closure of Contracts and PR-PO cycle.
- Track and monitor savings generated through vendor development, negotiations, part development/product substitution or any other such initiative
- Develop local and foreign vendors for Active and Passive items for Networking components
- Supplier relationship management and Supply market intelligence
- Coordinate with Stores for material requirement planning
- Ensure vendor payments on time in coordination with accounts and finance teams
- Minimize escalations through resolving trivial day to day procurement issues with Accounts, Stores and User departments
- Prepare and circulate Periodic Procurement MIS reports to Senior Management
- Any other procurement activities as required by the reporting manager
- Delivery of Net Savings target
- Procurement and Supply chain fortification
- 100% material availability
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Process improvement in procurement (via automation, streamlining value add activities, MIS, develop & maintain Best in Class P2P ERP suite)
- B. Tech./ B.E., preferably in Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics & Communication + - M.B.A., preferable in SCM and Operations
- 3+ years of experience in Sourcing and Procurement of preferably Direct Goods and Services. Preference in FMCG, FMCD, Telecom/ ISP (a combination of both tactical and strategic experience preferred)
- Procurement, Negotiation, Contract Management, Supplier Management, Supply Chain basics, Spend Analytics, Management Information System (MIS), Material Management, SAP/ Oracle
- Excellent in database maintenance, analytical ability. Very strong in numbers, reports, and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Team management and working abilities
- Negotiation and Persuasion Skills
- Passion for excellence
- Open Minded, Flexible, and Adaptable
- Vendor Management
- Stakeholder Management