Category Development Manager
Come be part of a team working to transform skin health with science-backed, expert-loved solutions for all. Advantice Health believes that everyone should have the opportunity to experience skin wellness and bring out their best selves every day. Advantice Health also offers a robust benefits package to full-time employees which includes employer sponsored health care, 401(k) with a 3% company contribution, paid maternity leave, and more.
As the Category Development Manager for Advantice Health, you will ensure profitable volume growth by serving as a category and shopper insights expert to the region, customer, and product marketing team.
Develop and evaluate effective strategies to support DSMP activities. (Distribution, shelving, merchandising, pricing)
- Assist in the identification and development of business opportunities through analysis and interpretation of consumer, category, and shopper insight data.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, product, and shopper.
- Monitor competitive activities and market activities to formulate strategy recommendations.
Enable business development process from a category and shopper perspective
- Analyze category and shopper data to identify distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing strategies and opportunities.
- Assist with strategic business plans in coordination with AH brand and customer driven initiatives.
- Develop category management plans with field sales.
- Present category and shopper data to influence our customers to accept recommendations.
Facilitate the integration of insights for use by field sales
- Understand and evaluate retail strategies (DSMP) that drive category business results.
- Provide category management and shopper insight support.
- Develop new item and core distribution tools for the internal teams and field sales.
- Proactively gather and communicate insights.
- Possess strong communication, critical thinking, project management and analytical skills.
- Results-oriented and demonstrate the ability manage complexity comfortably.
- Experience with data analysis, including the ability to translate data to a visual format.
- Experience with Syndicated Data (IRI, Nielsen, Numerator, Shopper Loyalty).
Education and Experience:
- Preferred 3 - 5 years CPG experience. (Selling, Category Management, Customer Strategy)
- Experience in US CPG retail environment working with Walmart, Target, Costco, ULTA, Walgreens, CVS, National and Regional Food, and alternative Channels.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
The company offers extensive benefits including market leading pay, paid health insurance with HRA funding, 401(k) with company contribution of 3%, paid parental leave, performance bonuses, and summer Fridays.
About Advantice Health
Advantice Health is a dynamic consumer health company that's passionate about improving skin health through science-backed, expert-loved solutions. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience skin wellness and bring out their best selves every day.
With leading brands like Kerasal, AmLactin, Dermoplast, Triple Paste, and New Skin, we offer a comprehensive range of products in categories such as footcare, nail care, body care, and first aid. You can find our trusted brands at leading retailers including Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Amazon, and more. We're committed to ensuring convenient access to our high-quality products.
Our efficient business model sets us apart. By keeping our operations lean and agile, we're able to reduce complexity and scale with ease. We've strategically partnered with production experts to manufacture our products, while working with trusted allies in sales and distribution. This allows us to focus on what we do best: understanding consumer needs and developing innovative skin health solutions.
Since our formation in 2019, when we carved out category leading brands from a Swedish pharmaceutical company, we've achieved remarkable growth. Our dedication to skin health led us to acquire AmLactin and Triple Paste, further expanding our portfolio. In April 2022, we partnered with TA Associates, a leading private equity firm with expertise in the consumer industry, to accelerate our progress.
We are headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ. This strategic location positions us to better serve our customers and pursue new opportunities both domestically and internationally.
To learn more about our exciting journey and explore our range of products, visit our website at www.advanticehealth.com.
Join us as we transform skin health for the better!