Hi, We’re AffiniPay!
AffiniPay is a leading fintech company, based out of Austin, Texas. As the market leader in professional services payments and project management software, AffiniPay’s tech products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. AffiniPay has been recognized as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies in the U.S. for 11 years in a row, and as a result, our teams continue to grow as well!
AffiniPay is looking for a Senior Accountant, Reporting to join our growing team. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and play a critical role in ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting and compliance with accounting standards and regulation. The ideal candidate will have a solid accounting background, comprehensive understanding of GAAP and experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. This senior team contributor will partner with FP&A, external auditors, lenders and other internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Responsible for the consolidation and reporting of financial results across multiple business units or subsidiaries.
- Complete and deliver all required lender Financial Statement and Covenant Reporting by applicable deadlines
- Lead the yearly external financial audit process by managing the PBC requests on a timely manner providing necessary documentation and explanations with the assistance of the accounting team
- Work closely with the Assistant Controller to ensure that all P&L variances are explained and actioned on a monthly basis
- Analyze financial statement information in conjunction with FP&A and explain/resolve variances
- Create and maintain complex schedules in Excel and software platforms to support accounting functions
- Perform technical accounting research and provide guidance on complex accounting issues, ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Ensure procedures are in accordance with GAAP requirements and accounting department policies and procedures
- Document internal controls and processes for accurate and timely financial reporting and make recommendations on improvements
- Assist with drafting technical accounting memos and internal policies
- Perform ad hoc analysis and develop or recommend accounting methods and procedures as required
- Lead efforts to automate processes by developing a deep understanding of source data and end user needs; work across departments to gather data for implementation, design and oversight of processes
- Lead special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- 6+ years accounting experience (a blend of public and industry accounting experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance required. CPA preferred
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; “can-do” attitude and resourcefulness combined with ability to propose solutions
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Exemplary analytical and communication skills
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with system integrations
- Experience drafting technical accounting memos and researching FASB guidance preferred
- Solid ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other departments.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; ability to pivot as business priorities shift
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Experience with data visualization software such as Domo and Adaptive highly desired
- Advanced Excel skills
- This position is preferred to sit in Austin, Texas
Founded in 2005, AffiniPay’s mission is to build technology products that helps professionals focus on the work they love. As the leader in the professional payments industry, AffiniPay’s products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. Our portfolio of software solutions include MyCase (Legal Practice Management Software), CASEpeer (Practice Management for Personal Injury Firms), Docketwise (Immigration & Case Management Software), (Soluno (Legal Accounting), and Woodpecker (Legal Document Automation). Our portfolio of payment solutions include LawPay (Legal), AffiniPay for Associations (Associations), CPACharge (Accounting Professionals), and ClientPay (Architect, Engineer, and Construction). AffiniPay’s products serve over 100,000 users, and we are noted as one of the fastest growing tech companies in Austin, Texas. We are constantly looking for talent to join our team to continue playing a key part in unlocking our potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at AffiniPay
At AffiniPay, we recognize that innovation occurs with a strong team of people who are diverse in background, personality, talent and ideas. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We are committed to creating a welcoming and transparent environment for all that embraces those differences through education, equal access to opportunities and information, inclusionary programs, and community outreach.
Benefits that Benefit You!
As a people first culture, we believe it is important that our teammates are happy, healthy, and productive. In order to best support that, AffiniPay provides award-winning benefits that can make a difference in your life - right now and for the future.
- All employees receive fully covered medical, dental and vision coverage - Choose from our 2 available health plans based on what fits you and/or your family!
- Have some fur babies? - We offer them insurance too!
- RELAX and enjoy your time away with our flexible paid time off policy!
- We will help you plan for your future - 401K, or RRSP if in Canada, with a company match
- Competitive compensation packages that include mid-year and end-of-year bonuses and equity options for all full-time employees
- Health Wellness Program that includes nutrition consultations, mental health apps, and access to discounted memberships
- Have plans to grow your family? - Parental resources, including 16 weeks of paid time off for primary and secondary caregivers
- Professional development opportunities including mentorships, leadership programs and our AffiniPayU courses
- We believe it is important to give back with our Matching Gift Program and organized activities focused on donations, volunteerism and supporting the local communities throughout the country
- D&I initiatives provide educational opportunities regarding multicultural issues, tolerance, and celebrating diversity among our entire staff
- An incredible, in-office experience at our headquarters in Austin and San Diego including free lunch delivery, a fully stocked kitchen, and some “sweet” surprises for those afternoon pick-me-ups
- Work Hard/Play Hard - We have an Experience Team focused on team and company events and activities throughout the year including summer photo contests, pumpkin patches, Thanksgiving potlucks, holiday celebrations, and more!