Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager
Hi, We’re AffiniPay!
AffiniPay is a leading fintech company, based out of Austin, Texas. As the market leader in professional services payments and project management software, AffiniPay’s tech products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. AffiniPay has been recognized as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies in the U.S. for 11 years in a row, and as a result, our teams continue to grow as well!
Come and make an incredible impact at AffiniPay as our new Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager! In this brand new role you will report directly to our CMO, leading our cross-functional Competitive Intelligence initiatives. As you develop a deep understanding of our product portfolio and competitor landscape, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our Product Marketing and Sales Teams in defining competitive positioning and understanding relevant technological advancements from our competitors. You will maintain competitive playbooks/dashboards/tools, translating competitive insights into actionable marketing efforts and field enablement tools.
Our ideal candidate will use their technical background and previous experience building and implementing competitive intelligence programs to ultimately support and help drive our overall business growth. You are a strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into relevant, understandable and actionable insights for different stakeholders. You have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally, especially across marketing, product management, sales and customer success teams. You are a highly motivated candidate with a sense of urgency and excitement to make a big impact on a winning team!
What You’ll Do:
- You will oversee orchestrating all Competitive Insights (Marketing organization) initiatives in close collaboration with multiple teams at AffiniPay - including gathering and analyzing data, proactively researching specific competitors, working closely with the field to gather field intelligence, delivering actionable field enablement tools, and understanding the overall trends in the data intelligence market to support our company growth
- Developing a deep understanding of our company product portfolio and competitor landscape
- Partnering with the Product Marketing team and delivering actionable and current competitive updates to the sales and pre-sales organizations
- Leading the competitive research and conducting direct interviews and distilling lost/churned insights to help improve go-to-market and product development efforts
- Building and maintaining dashboards that help us track our digital presence vs competitors and weekly updates to the Marketing Leaders
- Identifying the top tools in the market to track our competitors
- Engaged directly with product marketing
- 8+ years of technology experience in SaaS enterprise software, ideally within the data intelligence and/or data management spaces
- 5+ years of experience in product, product marketing, competitive intelligence, strategy, or sales engineering roles
- Strong market research, quantitative and analytical skills
- A technical/analytical degree field or equivalent work experience
- Having a technical background is a must
- A strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into relevant, understandable and actionable insights for different stakeholders
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally, especially across marketing, product management and sales teams
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust in a fast-paced, team environment
- Able to readily absorb and comprehend new information from formal and informal learning experiences
- Effective in working with sales, pre-sales, sales operations, sales enablement, product, product marketing, marketing campaign, marketing demand and customer success
- A precise communicator who is comfortable presenting and a team player
- Skilled in leading cross-functional teams to achieve goals under tight deadlines
- Working in the legal industry is a plus
- Ideally located in Austin, TX with the ability to work in the office 2x/week
Founded in 2005, AffiniPay’s mission is to build technology products that helps professionals focus on the work they love. As the leader in the professional payments industry, AffiniPay’s products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. Our portfolio of software solutions include MyCase (Legal Practice Management Software), CASEpeer (Practice Management for Personal Injury Firms), Docketwise (Immigration & Case Management Software), (Soluno (Legal Accounting), and Woodpecker (Legal Document Automation). Our portfolio of payment solutions include LawPay (Legal), AffiniPay for Associations (Associations), CPACharge (Accounting Professionals), and ClientPay (Architect, Engineer, and Construction). AffiniPay’s products serve over one hundred thousand users, and we are noted as one of the fastest growing tech companies in Austin, Texas. We are constantly looking for talent to join our team to continue playing a key part in unlocking our potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at AffiniPay
At AffiniPay, we recognize that innovation occurs with a strong team of people who are diverse in background, personality, talent and ideas. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We are committed to creating a welcoming and transparent environment for all that embraces those differences through education, equal access to opportunities and information, inclusionary programs, and community outreach.
Benefits that Benefit You!
As a people first culture, we believe it is important that our teammates are happy, healthy, and productive. In order to best support that, AffiniPay provides award-winning benefits that can make a difference in your life - right now and for the future.
- All employees receive fully covered medical, dental and vision coverage - Choose from our 2 available health plans based on what fits you and/or your family!
- Have some fur babies? - We offer them insurance too!
- RELAX and enjoy your time away with our flexible paid time off policy!
- We will help you plan for your future - 401K, or RRSP if in Canada, with a company match
- Competitive compensation packages that include mid-year and end-of-year bonuses and equity options for all full-time employees
- Health Wellness Program that includes nutrition consultations, mental health apps, and access to discounted memberships
- Have plans to grow your family? - Parental resources, including 16 weeks of paid time off for primary and secondary caregivers
- Professional development opportunities including mentorships, leadership programs and our AffiniPayU courses
- We believe it is important to give back with our Matching Gift Program and organized activities focused on donations, volunteerism and supporting the local communities throughout the country
- D&I initiatives provide educational opportunities regarding multicultural issues, tolerance, and celebrating diversity among our entire staff
- An incredible, in-office experience at our headquarters in Austin and San Diego including free lunch delivery, a fully stocked kitchen, and some “sweet” surprises for those afternoon pick-me-ups
- Work Hard/Play Hard - We have an Experience Team focused on team and company events and activities throughout the year including summer photo contests, pumpkin patches, Thanksgiving potlucks, holiday celebrations, and more!