People Business Partner
Hi, We’re AffiniPay!
AffiniPay is a leading fintech company, based out of Austin, Texas. As the market leader in professional services payments and project management software, AffiniPay’s tech products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. AffiniPay has been recognized as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies in the U.S. for 11 years in a row, and as a result, our teams continue to grow as well!
Are you a people person? Do you like helping others solve problems and navigate their own path? We’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic People Business Partner to join the AffiniPay People team!
Reporting into the SVP, People you will work alongside key stakeholders to support employees within specific functions of the business and carry out people programs to foster employee fulfillment and organizational effectiveness. You’ll help to build and implement high-impact initiatives and efficient processes across a myriad of strategic functions. You will be essential in helping to scale, integrate and support the day-to-day operations of a growing team.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a trusted business partner to the organization, supporting employees at all levels.
- Provide proactive coaching and guidance through sticky situations that enable resolution.
- Promote a culture of learning by supporting the team with unbiased perspective, counsel and “radically candid” feedback.
- Drive people team initiatives across the employee lifecycle, including annual performance, talent development and compensation reviews.
- Partner with management and cross-functional stakeholders to to design and launch programs and strategy; foster diversity, equity and inclusion, operational excellence employee engagement and internal communications.
- Critically think through problems and needs to help influence the best outcomes for the people and the business.
- Respond to People related questions and provide guidance to People Specialists in supporting the organization.
- Assist with managing employee relations, benefits, compensation, and onboarding/offboarding) while wearing your compliance goggles (i.e. maintaining documentation and staying current on employment law) where necessary.
What We’re Looking For
- Ideally located in either Austin, Texas or San Diego, CA you have 5+ years of professional experience in various aspects of HR; with at least 2+ years experience in a business partner or related capacity. Experience supporting the Sales function as a Business Partner also preferred.
- You have a broad understanding of HR programs including coaching, performance management and have experience working with all levels of the organization.
- You have deep employee relations experience including local / state / federal legislation and are comfortable leading internal investigations / resolving conflict as necessary.
- You have specific experience working and supporting employees based in Canada (Ontario and /or British Columbia province preferred).
- You’re a great listener and have a knack for building trust-based relationships at all levels. You maintain objective, honest, confident, and clear communications.
- Others would describe you as nimble, and able to fly both high and low. You know how to zoom out and think on behalf of an organization while zooming in to tackle nuances at an individual level.
- You have strong executive presence and hold a self-starter mindset, have the gumption to take the wheel before being asked, and take comfort in significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- You have a passion for continued learning and development with at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are highly motivated and process-driven with exceptional attention to detail.
- You are fluent in “people problem-solving.” You’re a quick study who can chart the best course of action while accounting for potential impact across people, teams, and the company.
- You are aligned with AffiniPay’s people philosophy. You believe in the impact of building a high-performing culture, understand the work that is necessary to keep employees engaged to meet company goals, and know how to use data and tech to glean insights.
- You hold yourself to the highest standards when it comes to your professionalism - both in your conduct and the way you present yourself to others.
- You understand the critical impact you make on the business by keeping the confidentiality of both our people and business.
Founded in 2005, AffiniPay’s mission is to build technology products that helps professionals focus on the work they love. As the leader in the professional payments industry, AffiniPay’s products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. Our portfolio of software solutions include MyCase (Legal Practice Management Software), CASEpeer (Practice Management for Personal Injury Firms), Docketwise (Immigration & Case Management Software), (Soluno (Legal Accounting), and Woodpecker (Legal Document Automation). Our portfolio of payment solutions include LawPay (Legal), AffiniPay for Associations (Associations), CPACharge (Accounting Professionals), and ClientPay (Architect, Engineer, and Construction). AffiniPay’s products serve over one hundred thousand users, and we are noted as one of the fastest growing tech companies in Austin, Texas. We are constantly looking for talent to join our team to continue playing a key part in unlocking our potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at AffiniPay
At AffiniPay, we recognize that innovation occurs with a strong team of people who are diverse in background, personality, talent and ideas. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We are committed to creating a welcoming and transparent environment for all that embraces those differences through education, equal access to opportunities and information, inclusionary programs, and community outreach.
Benefits that Benefit You!
As a people first culture, we believe it is important that our teammates are happy, healthy, and productive. In order to best support that, AffiniPay provides award-winning benefits that can make a difference in your life - right now and for the future.
- All employees receive fully covered medical, dental and vision coverage - Choose from our 2 available health plans based on what fits you and/or your family!
- Have some fur babies? - We offer them insurance too!
- RELAX and enjoy your time away with our flexible paid time off policy!
- We will help you plan for your future - 401K, or RRSP if in Canada, with a company match
- Competitive compensation packages that include mid-year and end-of-year bonuses and equity options for all full-time employees
- Health Wellness Program that includes nutrition consultations, mental health apps, and access to discounted memberships
- Have plans to grow your family? - Parental resources, including 16 weeks of paid time off for primary and secondary caregivers
- Professional development opportunities including mentorships, leadership programs and our AffiniPayU courses
- We believe it is important to give back with our Matching Gift Program and organized activities focused on donations, volunteerism and supporting the local communities throughout the country
- D&I initiatives provide educational opportunities regarding multicultural issues, tolerance, and celebrating diversity among our entire staff
- An incredible, in-office experience at our headquarters in Austin and San Diego including free lunch delivery, a fully stocked kitchen, and some “sweet” surprises for those afternoon pick-me-ups
- Work Hard/Play Hard - We have an Experience Team focused on team and company events and activities throughout the year including summer photo contests, pumpkin patches, Thanksgiving potlucks, holiday celebrations, and more!