Manager, Business Partner
Hi, We’re AffiniPay!
AffiniPay is a leading fintech company, based out of Austin, Texas. As the market leader in professional services payments and project management software, AffiniPay’s tech products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. AffiniPay has been recognized as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies in the U.S. for 11 years in a row, and as a result, our teams continue to grow as well!
As the Manager, People Business Partner, you will be helping to lead the People Business Partner team at AffiniPay. You will provide strong leadership and day-to-day coaching and guidance to an experienced team of People Business Partners (PBPs) who are responsible for providing HR guidance and support to employees, leaders, and executives at all levels within their designated business functions. This team is proactively focused on all aspects of people, culture, and work environment matters and collaborates with all aspects of the broader people team to design and deliver high-impact solutions that address the needs of today while also aligning with longer-term strategic plans of their business units.
What You’ll Do…
- Leads and supports PBP team through day-to-day guidance and direction, assistance with priority management, and handling of sensitive or escalated issues.
- You will also provide broad oversight, thought leadership, and guidance related to a variety of HR / People programs, initiatives, and solutions that align with business needs
- Ensures the ongoing targeted development of both individual and collective team competencies and capabilities.
- Prioritizes and heavily invests in the engagement and retention of the team.
- Proactively sets expectations, provides real-time feedback, and manages overall performance to ensure that individual and team performance remain strong.
- You may also be assigned direct responsibility for a business unit and senior executives to support, as well as HR-specific projects to lead and/or contribute to.
- Participates in selection, onboarding, and integration of new team members
- Provides guidance and oversight of PBP team to ensure adherence and compliance with HR policies and practices, as well as to meet requirements of applicable HR, employment and other applicable laws and ordinances
- Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that HR service results are optimally delivered; may serve as a facilitator to resolve related issues and concerns; proactively identifies and elevates potential opportunities for improvement; actively engages and partners with HR colleagues to explore, influence, and implement creative solutions
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and assignments; provides support to PBPs on ad hoc projects, requests, and needs; may manage costs and budgets; may represent PBP team at offsite or PLT meetings, as needed
- Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
- Assists in conducting and resolving investigations regarding employee complaints and concerns.
- Partner with Talent Development on training/employee development needs and provides direction and guidance in the development and management of training/employee development programs as appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years human resource generalist, business partner or equivalent and relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of managing direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of common human resources practices, employment law and/or government compliance regulations
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle highly sensitive and confidential data in a trustworthy manner
- Ability to multi-task, while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Superior communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Superior computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- You are a collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who has proven ability to influence at the executive team level with global teams
- Proven success in aligning HR strategies with business goals, driving organizational development, and influencing executive decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a high-performing team, fostering growth and empowerment within the organization
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- If you live near one of our office locations in San Diego, CA or Austin, TX we work in a hybrid capacity!
Nice to Haves…
- SHRM - CP and / or PHR preferred
- This position is preferred to sit at one of our office locations in either Austin, TX or San Diego, CA
Founded in 2005, AffiniPay’s mission is to build technology products that helps professionals focus on the work they love. As the leader in the professional payments industry, AffiniPay’s products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. Our portfolio of software solutions include MyCase (Legal Practice Management Software), CASEpeer (Practice Management for Personal Injury Firms), Docketwise (Immigration & Case Management Software), (Soluno (Legal Accounting), and Woodpecker (Legal Document Automation). Our portfolio of payment solutions include LawPay (Legal), AffiniPay for Associations (Associations), CPACharge (Accounting Professionals), and ClientPay (Architect, Engineer, and Construction). AffiniPay’s products serve over one hundred thousand users, and we are noted as one of the fastest growing tech companies in Austin, Texas. We are constantly looking for talent to join our team to continue playing a key part in unlocking our potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at AffiniPay
At AffiniPay, we recognize that innovation occurs with a strong team of people who are diverse in background, personality, talent and ideas. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We are committed to creating a welcoming and transparent environment for all that embraces those differences through education, equal access to opportunities and information, inclusionary programs, and community outreach.
Benefits that Benefit You!
As a people first culture, we believe it is important that our teammates are happy, healthy, and productive. In order to best support that, AffiniPay provides award-winning benefits that can make a difference in your life - right now and for the future.
- All employees receive fully covered medical, dental and vision coverage - Choose from our 2 available health plans based on what fits you and/or your family!
- Have some fur babies? - We offer them insurance too!
- RELAX and enjoy your time away with our flexible paid time off policy!
- We will help you plan for your future - 401K, or RRSP if in Canada, with a company match
- Competitive compensation packages that include mid-year and end-of-year bonuses and equity options for all full-time employees
- Health Wellness Program that includes nutrition consultations, mental health apps, and access to discounted memberships
- Have plans to grow your family? - Parental resources, including 16 weeks of paid time off for primary and secondary caregivers
- Professional development opportunities including mentorships, leadership programs and our AffiniPayU courses
- We believe it is important to give back with our Matching Gift Program and organized activities focused on donations, volunteerism and supporting the local communities throughout the country
- D&I initiatives provide educational opportunities regarding multicultural issues, tolerance, and celebrating diversity among our entire staff
- An incredible, in-office experience at our headquarters in Austin and San Diego including free lunch delivery, a fully stocked kitchen, and some “sweet” surprises for those afternoon pick-me-ups
- Work Hard/Play Hard - We have an Experience Team focused on team and company events and activities throughout the year including summer photo contests, pumpkin patches, Thanksgiving potlucks, holiday celebrations, and more!