Business Development Representative
Hi, We’re AffiniPay!
AffiniPay is a leading fintech company, based out of Austin, Texas. As the market leader in professional services payments and project management software, AffiniPay’s tech products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. AffiniPay has been recognized as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies in the U.S. for 11 years in a row, and as a result, our teams continue to grow as well!
We are looking for talented and energetic Business Development Representatives who are motivated and driven to join our AffiniPay Sales Team to support our MyCase and Affinipay products. As a BDR you will work in a fast-paced and continuously growing team with success that hinges upon a propensity for action and productive collaboration with the sales and marketing teams. It is a strong building block for a long-term career in technology sales. We guarantee that this relationship will be a two way street where we will invest the time and resources into your success which will enable the sales development organization to accomplish its mission. Our goal is to empower you to be a master of your craft and enable you to pursue future opportunities within AffiniPay or elsewhere.
What You’ll Do
- Outbound telephone-based prospecting for the AffiniPay products, developing and maintaining a high-level knowledge of AffiniPay's legal practice management software
- Identifying and prioritizing sales opportunities through direct prospecting and lead follow
- Maintain call volume of 75-100 calls per day with the intent to qualify key leads and create pipeline
- Primary responsibility is prospecting into targeted lists by building relationships to develop new sales opportunities from cold or inactive accounts.
- Update and maintain Sales database as appropriate, including data discovery tied to initiatives
- Conduct concentrated marketing campaigns and forward-thinking customer outreach
- Report on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Documenting all sales activity in Salesforce & meeting daily key performance indicators
- You have the ability to learn and articulate complex subject matter
- You are a great listener
- You are adept at investigation and research
- You are a natural storyteller
- You are curious and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You have strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- You have experience selling technology and/or software
- You are highly organized and strong time management skills
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal direction
- You have hustle and persistence
- 1+ years in outbound-focused sales or other customer-oriented backgrounds (support, customer service)
Nice to Haves
- Prior SDR/BDR experience is a plus
- Prior experience at a high-growth, SaaS company
- Salesforce experience is a plus
If you live near one of our offices in either San Diego or Austin - we work in a hybrid capacity!
The base pay range for this position is between $38,000 - $45,000 USD annually plus uncapped commission opportunity. The salary range for performing this role outside of the US / Austin / California may differ. AffiniPay is committed to offering competitive, fair and commensurate compensation and has provided an estimated pay range for this role. Actual compensation may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and education.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position eligible for over-time
Founded in 2005, AffiniPay’s mission is to build technology products that helps professionals focus on the work they love. As the leader in the professional payments industry, AffiniPay’s products serve legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. Our portfolio of software solutions include MyCase (Legal Practice Management Software), CASEpeer (Practice Management for Personal Injury Firms), Docketwise (Immigration & Case Management Software), (Soluno (Legal Accounting), and Woodpecker (Legal Document Automation). Our portfolio of payment solutions include LawPay (Legal), AffiniPay for Associations (Associations), CPACharge (Accounting Professionals), and ClientPay (Architect, Engineer, and Construction). AffiniPay’s products serve over one hundred thousand users, and we are noted as one of the fastest growing tech companies in Austin, Texas. We are constantly looking for talent to join our team to continue playing a key part in unlocking our potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at AffiniPay
At AffiniPay, we recognize that innovation occurs with a strong team of people who are diverse in background, personality, talent and ideas. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We are committed to creating a welcoming and transparent environment for all that embraces those differences through education, equal access to opportunities and information, inclusionary programs, and community outreach.
Benefits that Benefit You!
As a people first culture, we believe it is important that our teammates are happy, healthy, and productive. In order to best support that, AffiniPay provides award-winning benefits that can make a difference in your life - right now and for the future.
- All employees receive fully covered medical, dental and vision coverage - Choose from our 2 available health plans based on what fits you and/or your family!
- Have some fur babies? - We offer them insurance too!
- RELAX and enjoy your time away with our flexible paid time off policy!
- We will help you plan for your future - 401K, or RRSP if in Canada, with a company match
- Competitive compensation packages that include mid-year and end-of-year bonuses and equity options for all full-time employees
- Health Wellness Program that includes nutrition consultations, mental health apps, and access to discounted memberships
- Have plans to grow your family? - Parental resources, including 16 weeks of paid time off for primary and secondary caregivers
- Professional development opportunities including mentorships, leadership programs and our AffiniPayU courses
- We believe it is important to give back with our Matching Gift Program and organized activities focused on donations, volunteerism and supporting the local communities throughout the country
- D&I initiatives provide educational opportunities regarding multicultural issues, tolerance, and celebrating diversity among our entire staff
- An incredible, in-office experience at our headquarters in Austin and San Diego including free lunch delivery, a fully stocked kitchen, and some “sweet” surprises for those afternoon pick-me-ups
- Work Hard/Play Hard - We have an Experience Team focused on team and company events and activities throughout the year including summer photo contests, pumpkin patches, Thanksgiving potlucks, holiday celebrations, and more!