Product Specialist - Minnesota
Biocomposites, Inc., a US company based in Wilmington, NC is a subsidiary of Biocomposites, Ltd., an international medical devices company that engineers, manufactures and markets world leading products for use in infection management in bone and soft tissue. Based in Keele, UK, it has global operations across USA, Canada, Europe, China and India.
Biocomposites is a world leader in the development of innovative calcium compounds for surgical use. Our products target a broad spectrum of infection risks across a variety of specialties, including musculoskeletal infection, orthopedics, trauma, spine, foot and ankle and podiatry. The STIMULAN® products are the first calcium matrices to receive Canadian approval to treat bacterial infection in soft tissue surrounding bone and European approval for mixing with antibiotics such as vancomycin, gentamicin and tobramycin, for use in bone and soft tissue.
We are distinct in that our team of specialists is singularly focused on the development of innovative calcium compounds and all research, manufacture and distribution takes place at our headquarters in Keele, England. In 2022, Her Majesty the Queen honored us with two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and International Trade in recognition of the impact of STIMULAN in infection cases and our outstanding continuous growth in overseas sales of more than 200% over six years.
Biocomposites products are now used in over 120,000 procedures every year and sold in more than 40 countries around the world.
The Biocomposites Product Specialist’s primary goal is to drive compliant sales growth of the Biocomposites’ product portfolio across our core specialties of orthopedics, trauma, spine, and foot and ankle in priority target accounts. This will be achieved by motivating, educating and supporting the appropriate distributor sales representatives in their sales activities including product training, hospital and surgeon target selection and hands-on, in-field sales support. It will also include regularly travelling to target hospitals to engage with surgeons, peri-operative teams and hospital staff directly to promote correct product use and adoption. The position reports directly to the Region Sales Director.
- Achieve sales revenue targets by product and specialty in assigned territory hospitals.
- Drive adoption in existing accounts and new users in hospitals within assigned territory. This will be achieved by directly selling to targeted surgeons as well as educating, supporting and selling through local distribution teams.
- Exhibit confidence in product knowledge and science to handle competitive threats.
- Leverage data and local insight to prioritize local territory needs and activities.
- Utilize business planning tools, data and information to effectively work the territory while achieving goals through set quarterly MBOs.Enhance relationships with key stakeholders within distributor network to influence resource allocation and prioritize focus on Biocomposites’ products.
- Ensure all distributor sales representatives sell compliantly and use our approved product messaging.
- Provide continuous training and education to all distributor sales representatives in all territory vertical markets.
- Identify and engage new distribution partners in our key vertical markets.
- Regularly update distributor network on market conditions, challenges, product innovations, competition and pricing, as directed by Region Sales Director.
- Provide surgeon product feedback and identify surgeon challenges and opportunities to inform new product development.
- Demonstrate O.R. and product competency to assist surgeons and peri-operative team with technical guidance.
- Routinely assist distribution with product expertise and support during sales calls.
- Provide product in-services and continuing education seminars to hospital staff.
- Cultivate relationships with key surgeons, residents, fellows and KOL’s, within geography.
- Support local customer dinner meetings and scientific exchanges.
- Support Region Sales Director in business planning.
- Achieve quarterly territory Objectives as directed by Region Sales Director.
- Clinician and Distributor continuing education via sales trainings, current medical journals and clinical papers.
- Timely and accurate expense reporting by way of Concur.
- Routinely update customer contact records, opportunities, and activities in CRM.
- Effectively manage credentialing requirements.
- Ability to travel and conduct overnight stays within the geography, as needed.
- Ability to travel to US headquarters in Wilmington, NC for business meetings, as needed.
Essential skills Required:
- 3-5 years of documented medical or B2B sales success grounded in sales process training.
- Documented sales success and career progression
- Demonstration of competency in presenting technical information.
- Ability to work with highly diverse groups.
- Ability to present and educate provided materials.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Documented ability to influence decision makers.
- Medical Device Industry experience preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of human anatomy preferred but not required.
- An understanding of Hospital Operating Room policy and procedures preferred but not required.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow up.
- Computer skills, CRM skills, ability to utilize technology to aid in Territory Management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Resides within or willing to relocate to the geographical territory.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Background check and drug screening required.