Senior Backend Engineer - Python / Django
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
- Partner with product, marketing, business intelligence, and design teams to develop new product features and enhancements
- Design engineering plans to meet the requirements of the product or goal
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code
- Contribute to and influence the overall backend architecture decisions
- Work closely with product, marketing, and customer service to translate customer feedback into successful features and tools
- Collaborate with backend engineers outside your feature team to maintain shared code and infrastructure
- Coordinate with frontend engineers to provide a cohesive experienceUse both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- Collaborate, mentor, and learn with a high-performing team of engineers
What we're looking for from you:
- Proven experience building a major product or feature from scratch at scale for a large public-facing web application
- Advanced proficiency with Python and Django
- Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e., PostgresSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with Elasticsearch a plus
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience incrementally rolling out new features, components or refactors without blocking the rest of the team, and iterating upon and maintaining live products
- Strong project management skills; able to organize, adhere to process, and execute projects across disciplines and by deadline
- Excellent communication skills; you can articulate clearly, thoroughly, and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortability with the entire development life cycle (inception to release) in an Agile environment
- Collaborative, engaged, and adaptable; you are comfortable joining a team with a large, mature codebase with established engineering processes
- Flexible and proactive, you’re able to shift gears quickly in a fast-paced environment
Backstage Holdings' mission is to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. At our core is a strong belief in breaking down barriers and providing direct access to the best talent in the creative industry. We’re a team of customer centric, analytical and creative problem solvers with a passion for helping our customers make amazing projects together. Our mission: to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. Backstage provides solutions that manage the entire project lifecycle, including talent discovery and staffing, production, post production, and distribution. Our brands include Backstage, Coverfly, FilmFreeway, Final Draft, ShareGrid, Sonicbids, and Voice123. Visit our website for more information.
Backstage Holdings is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.