Payroll Coordinator (Temporary)
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Temporary Full-Time (approximately 2-3 months)
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for efficiently processing payroll for assigned shows and serving as the primary point of contact for clients regarding all aspects of payroll processing. This role requires a strong command of payroll processing, which may include both union and/or non-union payrolls.
- Process in-coming payroll, which includes breaking of timecards following all applicable Federal, State, and Collective Bargaining Agreement regulations.
- Provide exceptional service to clients, addressing payroll production, tax-related issues, and resolving inquiries with prompt and effective problem-solving.
- Utilize and demonstrate proficiency in the payroll database system, including relevant programs such as invoice, batch, timecard editor, and reports like timecard verification, fringe, payroll history, cast list, and gross wages.
- Perform quality check on payrolls to ensure they were entered correctly according to their specific client protocols (this may include deductions, manually calculated handling fees, and tax adjustments).
- Maintain accurate and organized files for each client/show, strictly adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Foster and maintain strong client relationships, actively responding to questions and resolving payroll-related issues on a weekly basis.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong multi-level relationship-building skills to effectively interact with clients and team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities, ensuring clear and concise communication with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively towards both team and individual goals, supporting the overall success of the department.
- Knowledge of using an analytical approach to breaking payroll, ensuring accurate and compliant processing.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in providing exceptional service to clients.
- Excellent time management skills to handle multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills, including knowledge of relevant software and payroll database systems.
- Flexibility to adjust priorities and meet the needs of the team's clients effectively.
- Understanding of and commitment to staying informed about industry trends, concepts, products, practices, and financial arrangements.
- Ability to learn advanced payroll concepts and break payroll accurately.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed to meet payroll processing requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in processing high-volume payroll (multi-state, entertainment union) for the entertainment industry preferred.
- Knowledge of I.A.T.S.E. locals, guilds, and contracts in the entertainment industry is preferred.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.