Writer / Editor (UK)
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
At Mandy, we’re focused on providing the best career platform to match performing artists and crew with talent seekers in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, and more in the United Kingdom, Europe, and North America.
Backstage Holdings' mission is to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. At our core is a strong belief in breaking down barriers and providing direct access to the best talent in the creative industry. We’re a team of customer centric, analytical and creative problem solvers with a passion for helping our customers make amazing projects together. Our mission: to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. Backstage provides solutions that manage the entire project lifecycle, including talent discovery and staffing, production, post production, and distribution. Our brands include Backstage, Coverfly, FilmFreeway, Final Draft, ShareGrid, Sonicbids, and Voice123. Visit our website for more information.
Backstage Holdings is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
Backstage is seeking a Writer/Editor to develop content that supports organic growth on our StarNow platform covering audiences in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. The position will write and edit dynamic, well researched content with a goal of deepening our SEO value and driving conversions. They will partner with our team leads to build editorial calendars and execute against the defined goals. The editor will manage a team of freelance writers and be responsible for assigning, editing and publishing articles.
The Writer/Editor will report to Backstage’s Editor in Chief.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing the creation of timely, effective and accurate content for an audience that includes actors, models, influencers, and creators - specifically for the Australian and UK audiences
- Communicate daily content assignments to freelance writers and manage editorial workflow from start to finish. Includes writing assignment letters, editing content for readability, tone, substance and SEO viability
- Recruiting and managing a team of highly skilled freelance writers and contributors to ensure content is compelling and informative
- Writing both short and long-form articles and guides that are thoroughly researched and tailored to organic search discovery
- Supporting social platforms with timely and engaging assets that drive audience growth and conversion
What we’re looking for from you:
- 3–5 years experience in content creation with a proven track record of growing traffic and social audiences through content development
- A background in writing and editing, specifically as it relates to creative industries and in the style and tone of a UK and Australia focused audience
- Strong familiarity with SEO—from proper formatting and keyword usage to targeted Title Tags, URLS, and Meta descriptions
- Skill and experience working with freelance writers at every stage of the process, from pitching and honing ideas all the way up to line editing
- Proficiency in traffic monitoring systems such as Google Analytics 4 and Parse.ly, and the ability to use data in content planning
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- An impressive handle on the written word and airtight editorial judgment
- Solid contacts in the industry to help deliver access stories
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.