Sr. Residuals Analyst
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Sr. Residuals Analyst
The Sr. Residuals Analyst processes residual payments for assigned shows and is the point of contact for the client through the entire residual payment process. The Sr. Residuals Analyst is expected to be able to accurately review, administer, and analyze residual payments.
- Setting up residual products, which includes reviewing talent contracts, identifying the residuals made-for-market, either inputting or uploading talent, and making adjustments to the talent such as adding buyouts to talent history or updating prior historical payments.
- Compile run and revenue/receipts information, distributor statements, and distribution agreements to process residual payments in accordance with Guild deadlines.
- Maintain working knowledge of union contract residuals provisions, fringes, regulations, deadlines, industry standards, and requirements.
- Reviewing payee contracts, and timecards, either inputting or uploading residuals triggers.
- Creating residuals invoices, reviewing them, and sending them to clients as well as creating manual timecards when the situation requires it.
- Reissuing lost, stolen, and stale dated residuals checks.
- Maintaining client relationships by responding to questions and requests relating to residuals setups and payments in a timely manner.
- Keeping accurate records by following residuals recordkeeping procedures.
- Assisting Developers to implement new business methods and automated procedures.
- Testing in UAT environment for bug fixes and new enhancements.
- Document discrepancies between systems and define new system features that will help with efficiency.
- Define SOPs and collaborate with the Learning team to build training materials.
- Assisting client integration/training teams with new features.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Management.
- Able to learn and use customized software programs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively toward a goal.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with clients.
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the entertainment industry highly preferred.
- Has basic to intermediate PC skills including the use of Excel and Microsoft Word preferred.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.