Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Burbank, CA (hybrid)
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing and directing payroll processes and procedures for corporate employees, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and tax regulations, supervising Payroll Administrators, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
The Manager must have knowledge of payroll regulations and software, excellent organizational and leadership skills. This position will also manage the 401k audits; collaborate with external auditors and state and federal agencies; and lead process improvement projects. Strong knowledge of Federal, state, and local payroll tax laws and HRIS Payroll Software is vital to this role.
- Oversee and manage the end-to-end payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll for corporate employees located in the US and Canada.
- Manage payroll team (Sr. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Administrator) and collaborate with HR, Accounting, FP&A, and other departments
- Ensure appropriate payroll tax reports, 941 reconciliations, and W-3 reconciliations completed timely and accurately.
- Build and maintain payroll related reports to facilitate external and internal requests and business needs.
- Ensure employee inquiries are responded to timely and deliver excellent customer service, setting the tone for the entire function and contributing to overall team success.
- Ensure proper training and development of payroll and other staff members.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution in a collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, payroll laws and reporting.
- Lead 401k audit from payroll side through providing required information and preparing reconciliations between payroll system and 401k administrator.
- Developing internal controls and procedures for internal audits throughout the year to identify any issues proactively and enhance compliance with the regulations and requirements.
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned to provide support to the HR and Finance teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in managing high-volume and multi-state payroll
- Proficiency processing payroll through Workday or ADP Workforce Now
- Experience in managing payroll compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and contractual obligations.
- Experience with payroll and tax reconciliations (941, W3s, etc.)
- Proficiency in building multi-level relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively towards team and individual goals
- Analytical approach to payroll processing
- Excellent time management skills, with a strong sense of urgency and commitment to client servicing
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas)
- Flexibility to adapt and prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently, goal-oriented, and people-oriented
- High attention to detail
- Professional poise about written/verbal communication, emotional intelligence, and team collaboration
- Exercises discretion and maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.