Sr. Benefits Administrator
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Sr. Benefits Administrator
The Sr. Benefits Administrator is responsible for the oversight and administration of day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, HSA, and 401(k)),as well as Workers Compensation, Disability, and Leaves of Absence. This position will hold primary responsibility for Canada group benefits, retirement plan, and Leaves of Absence.
This position serves as the subject-matter-expert providing guidance and support to employees regarding benefits and leave–related inquiries. This includes, but is not limited to, investigating and resolving weekly errors produced from carrier interfaces, updating and auditing information within the HRIS system, and managing programs such as our Annual Wellness Fair, Monthly Benefit Meetings, 401(k) Meetings, etc.
This position may be remote with occasional in-office work at our Burbank office as needed.
- Drives strategic planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, and administration of benefits programs and benefits compliance-related projects
- Partners with HR Director on the annual 401(k) audit and other similar projects as needed
- Effectively partners with external vendor partners for the implementation and delivery of benefits programs including but not limited to Brokers, Providers, and Vendors
- Holds primary responsibility for maintaining and troubleshooting carrier file feeds in the HRIS
- Performs day to day administration of employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life/AD&D, medical, vision, dental, disability, flexible spending accounts, and retirement plans.
- Explains employee benefits by conducting meetings; preparing written and graphic announcements and explanations; responding to requests, and interprets policies and procedures when employees have questions
- Inputs, updates, and audits human resources information into the HRIS system and/or other databases, which may include regular reporting and tracking
- Resolves eligibility/coverage discrepancies between employees and insurance companies
- Reconciliation of monthly vendor invoices for payment
- Manages benefit specialties including but not limited to leave of absence, retirement plans, or COBRA; including meetings with employees, notification, follow-up and audits of these programs
- Interface with disability insurance providers, State agencies, and Third Party Administrators
- Implements wellness related activities, such as but not limited to, virtual wellness initiatives, annual wellness fairs, and scheduling onsite activities.
- Keeps up-to-date of current national wellness trends, developing a network of resources to use as appropriate. Explores ideas and opportunities to personalize the wellness program to increase employee participation.
- Assists in the preparation of the company’s regulatory reports such as EEO-1, Form 5500/Annual Returns
- Other tasks and special projects as needed.
- Experience administering retirement, health and welfare benefits and extensive knowledge of disability, 401K, and leaves of absence
- Working knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation,
- Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information; strong ethics and ability to exercise good judgment
- Resourceful, with ability to self-direct work independently as well as with a team
- Knowledge of integrating benefits technology solutions with various HRIS, payroll, vendors and carrier systems
- Demonstrated flexibility and efficient time management with the ability to prioritize workload with the ability to operate in a face-paced environment with competing priorities
- Quick learner who takes initiative and ownership for work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor, commitment to excellence and a team player
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees, affiliate partners and corporate colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills including the ability to interpret/analyze data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Experience with Canada benefits processes, best practices, and regulations
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.