Claims Intake Specialist
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Manager, Risk Management, the Intake Specialist processes workers’ compensation claims. The Intake Specialist verifies the employment status of the injured worker, confirms coverage, determines correct jurisdiction, confirms initial work status, identifies the type of claim to be reported, enters new claims in the Risk Management Information System (RMIS), submits claims to the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) and assigns the claims to the appropriate Care Advocate. The Intake Specialist is also responsible for setting initial follow up tasks for Care Advocates if follow up is necessary and scanning & attaching new documents to new claims in the RMIS. Excellent data entry skills with accuracy and speed are critical to success.
- Monitor incoming reported claims from productions/clients as well as attorney applications.
- Identify if more initial claim information is needed before submitting the claim to the TPA (including verifying employment).
- Determine the type of claim (Incident Only, Medical Only, or Indemnity) to be reported to the TPA based on the following:
- Red Flags/Issues/Concerns after communication with production or circumstances on how the injury occurred
- Employee was placed on work restrictions and is losing time from work
- Litigated claim
- Set up and enter new claims into the RMIS within 1 business day of receipt.
- Print, scan and/or upload to RIMS all initial work comp documents received from productions (First Reports of Injury, incident reports, etc), then e-mail them via RMIS to the TPA the same day as received.
- Input and review claim documents for accuracy and adequacy.
- Input and review all claim notes and diaries/tasks in RMIS as instructed.
- Timely processing of claims related mail and e-mails; document scanning, electronic filing, and emailing.
- Assist with providing payroll and other computer reports as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned; including but not limited to processing physical mail, handling overflow duties from risk management specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GED or equivalent required; 4 year degree preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous office clerical and/or customer service experience required.
- Schedule must be flexible and overtime may be required in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Previous insurance experience highly preferred.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.