Business Affairs Coordinator
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Talent Payment Services
As both the oldest and the largest payment provider for actors, models and other performers working in Canada, TPS is comprised of a knowledgeable team of experts who can guide clients through the Canadian talent payment process, from start to finish. As one of The TEAM Companies (TTC) since 2012, TPS works seamlessly with ad agencies and production companies throughout Canada as well as those traveling across borders to ensure a smooth payment process on their commercial productions. The team at TPS is committed to providing unparalleled expertise, making the talent payment process as seamless as possible for clients.
Talent Payment Services is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
Business Affairs Coordinator
The Business Affairs Coordinator is a key administrative position within the Business Affairs Division with duties that require accurate data entry, multi-tasking and quality client service skills. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with initiative and a pro-active approach to responsibilities and working with clients and colleagues. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), have excellent written and verbal communication skills, consistently follow up with and respond to client needs, and be able to work directly with clients and personalities of all types. Discretion in handling company and private or personal client and employee information is required, along with a positive attitude, professional ethics, appearance, and conduct.
- Assist BA staff as needed with contracts, production document preparation, and residual reporting utilizing company proprietary portals
- Assisting BA managers with obtaining renewal and dormancy approvals
- Assist BA staff in preparation and submission of union Assumption Agreements
- Maintains client, agent, and other internal contact lists
- Manages timesheets and requests invoicing for BA hourly billing
- Assist BA staff as needed on union claims or other project research; collecting contracts and documentation as requested
- Creates and maintains Client Info Sheets
- Electronic and paper file maintenance
- Assist business managers with tasks as needed.
- Perform additional or special tasks or projects as requested.
- Minimum two years related work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as required.
- Ability to professionally interact with office colleagues, and other company personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Minimum typing/keyboarding of 40 words per minute
- Quick learner. Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ideal candidate should have growth mindset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High School Graduate/Some College preferred.
- Advertising/Entertainment Industry experience preferred.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.