Business Affairs Manager
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About The TEAM Companies
The TEAM Companies (TTC) are a leading payroll, business affairs & technology provider to the advertising & entertainment industries. We offer union & non-union payroll for actors, musicians, singers, crew, editors, visual effects artists and other craftspeople working on commercials, video games, online content, concert tours and in the music recording industry. We also provide best-in-class technology products designed for the content production community. If you're looking to join an industry segment leader & an opportunity to contribute to the advertising & entertainment communities - come join our team! Visit our website for more information.
The TEAM Companies is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
Business Affairs Manager
TTC’s Business Affairs division provides Union and non-union Talent Business Affairs support as well as Production Business Management, Traffic and Network Clearance services to advertising agencies, media agencies, in-house agencies and production departments, PR firms, production companies and other creative partners to corporate advertisers. The Business Affairs Manager will also serve as the liaison between TTC’s signatory companies and clients requiring signatory support.
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Manage clients’ talent related business matters including talent estimating, payment processing and actualizing based on a thorough understanding of SAG/AFTRA/AFM commercials codes, both general market and Spanish Language provisions. Detailed responsibilities include
- Opening, tracking and closing jobs
- Processing holding/use fees, and notifications in a timely manner
- Estimating sessions and use for TV, radio, industrial, new media, interactive, promos, music videos and network TV programing
- Generating all necessary reports: talent contracts, production reports, completion reports, talent advices, etc.
- Evaluating, managing and resolving state labor and union claims
- Responsible for meeting all client and union deadlines
- Consulting with, and advising, clients on union rules, labor regulations and best practices
Additional Business Affairs Responsibilities
- Manage and negotiate rights and permission as requested by Client
- Manage scale and over scale negotiations and contracting
- Proactively manage all account transition documentation
- Provide ongoing Client training for business affairs/talent payment processes and procedures
- Be available to clients for questions, concerns, follow-ups, etc.
- Keep abreast of industry trends
- Troubleshoot new challenges with teammates in order to share experiences and create the best solutions for our clients
- Assist/guide on large projects that fall within your area of expertise
- Maintains organized and accurate talent/commercial files
- Help cover immediate needs within the department if someone is out of the office
Client Maintenance Responsibilities
- Retention of clients through pro-active problem solving, respectful working relationships and responsive client service
- Help expand client business into other areas of TTC BA expertise (e.g., music licensing, business affairs, production services, etc.) through thorough exploration of the client’s business needs and providing additional services or resources for such.
- Attend new business meetings as needed by TTC’s Business Development team
- Experience required in agency Business Affairs, Production or Talent Payroll Company
- Experience in broadcast business affairs and talent payments
- A solid understanding of the SAG-AFTRA Commercial, Co-Ed and/or New Media agreements
- Familiar with labor laws that impact the advertising industry
- Excellent communication skills - possesses ability to work directly with clients and personalities of all types is a must
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.