Lead Software Engineer
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Lead Software Engineer
Regular Full-Time (remote)
Cast & Crew is the leading provider of payroll, human resources, and financial services to the entertainment industry. We enable content creation for major entertainment studios. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help with our rapid growth. You will be working on a team of dedicated and talented engineers using the latest innovations in .Net stack and AWS services. This position is remote.
What you will be doing
- Running the SCRUM process and providing technical leadership for a team of 5+ .Net developers
- Architecting and implementing high performing web and messaging services
- Designing a new data model for the enterprise Payroll system
- Working with the Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and DBAs to implement a highly available and scalable cloud-based database solutions
- Working as part of a team to implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Following established SDLC processes to effectively deliver change within the environment
- 7+ years software development experience with .Net ecosystem including .Net Core
- Proficiency in SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySql
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of ADO (preferred), Jenkins, or other CI/CD tool.
- Leadership experience a plus
- Financial systems experience (accounting, payroll, insurance, etc.) a plus
- Computer Science or equivalent degree a plus
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.