Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About The TEAM Companies
The TEAM Companies (TTC) are a leading payroll, business affairs & technology provider to the advertising & entertainment industries. We offer union & non-union payroll for actors, musicians, singers, crew, editors, visual effects artists and other craftspeople working on commercials, video games, online content, concert tours and in the music recording industry. We also provide best-in-class technology products designed for the content production community. If you're looking to join an industry segment leader & an opportunity to contribute to the advertising & entertainment communities - come join our team! Visit our website for more information.
The TEAM Companies is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
TEAM is seeking a Business Analyst to partner with our product, technology, and business teams to design, document, implement and support our business systems. The Business Analyst will chiefly be analyzing opportunities to improve current products and add new products, mapping data, and collaborating with stakeholders to deliver functional business requirements for targeted solutions. In this role, you will work on end-to-end engagement responsibilities including requirements gathering and documentation, implementation, knowledge transfer (training), and overseeing the production of deliverables. You will also work as a Scrum Product Owner role, working closely with the scrum team. The Business Analyst must be able to work PST hours, and must be available to support deployments one evening biweekly between the hours of 7:30-9:30PM PST.
- Analyze product offerings for opportunities to improve, update, remove conflicts, or add features/products; document business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Meet with internal users to understand business pain points, and use feedback to define user stories
- Partner with Product Managers to 1.) manage and create a well-groomed product backlog; 2.) communicate requirements to the technical team and clients before solutions are designed and implemented; 3.) support PM via ad hoc duties as needed
- Work closely with user experience designers to create effective wireframes and prototypes
- Communicate and coordinate suggested improvements and bug fixes to QA and developers
- Create mockups and Jira tickets during sprints
- Contribute to agile software development activities like daily-stand ups, planning and retrospectives
- Conduct team and training demos as needed
- Identify, report, and manage key performance indicators and key results areas to achieve an environment of continuous improvement
- Develop a deep knowledge of relevant internal company business systems and processes; champion methods, procedures, systems, or process improvements which reduce time and effort
- Bachelor's Degree in IS, Business, Product Development, Data Analysis, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years professional experience with enterprise business applications as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or related; experience with payroll and financial systems strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing detailed requirements in support of software applications / system projects
- Proficiency with business process mapping tools / processes
- Prior experience working in Scrum framework; familiar with Agile/Scrum concepts, rules, and process
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Client-facing; must be able to develop and maintain trusted relationships with users
- Strategic and tactful thinker who can leverage data to inform business decisions
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills; able to maintain meticulous records, create structure, resolve problems in a quick and decisive manner, and meet deadlines
- Effective communicator, able to translate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Adaptable, quick learner in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with AS400 system
- Entertainment industry experience
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.