Sr. Business Affairs Manager
Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About The TEAM Companies
The TEAM Companies (TTC) are a leading payroll, business affairs & technology provider to the advertising & entertainment industries. We offer union & non-union payroll for actors, musicians, singers, crew, editors, visual effects artists and other craftspeople working on commercials, video games, online content, concert tours and in the music recording industry. We also provide best-in-class technology products designed for the content production community. If you're looking to join an industry segment leader & an opportunity to contribute to the advertising & entertainment communities - come join our team! Visit our website for more information.
The TEAM Companies is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
Sr. Business Affairs Manager
TTC’s Business Affairs division provides Union and non-union Talent Business Affairs support as well as Production Business Management, Traffic and Network Clearance services to advertising agencies, media agencies, in-house agencies and production departments, PR firms, production companies and other creative partners to corporate advertisers. The Senior Business Affairs Manager will also serve as the liaison between TTC’s signatory companies and clients requiring signatory support.
- Manage clients’ talent-related business matters including, but not limited to, talent estimating, contracting talent, and processing payments
- Comprehensive knowledge in state labor requirements as well as SAG/AFTRA/AFM commercial codes for both general market and Spanish language productions
- Prepare client materials based on union contracts and non-union labor guideline including, but not limited to, tax forms, releases, confidentiality agreements, etc.
- Evaluate and resolve labor and union claims and disputes
- Review and assess collective bargaining agreements and labor laws for compliance with client productions and best practices for production
- Create, track, and reconcile estimates for sessions and usage for TV, radio, industrial, new media, interactive, promos, and music videos.
- Negotiate and procure scale, overscale, influencer and celebrity contracts on behalf of Agency and/or Client for the creation of commercial and/or promotional materials. Analyze, formulate, and provide knowledge and guidance to negotiate rights and permissions, terms and conditions, fees, etc. as requested by clients.
- Provide ongoing client training for business affairs/talent payment processes and procedures including talent engagement, guidance on best practices, and rights management for materials
- Memorialize contract terms and manage the contract requirements including, but not limited to, payments, tracking, and reporting of compensation
- Oversee and manage all account transition documentation
- Process invoicing for billing of talent fees with payroll and finance departments
- Create client reports, production reports, completion reports, talent advice, etc.
- Continue training and ongoing education to keep clients abreast of industry trends
Staff & Internal
- Train, coach, and mentor to support development of staff and department initiatives and goals.
- Troubleshoot new challenges with teammates to share experiences to provide the best solutions for our clients
- Lead or assist on large projects that fall within your area of expertise
- Maintain organized and accurate talent/commercial files
New Business & Maintenance
- Retention of clients through pro-active problem-solving respectful working relationships and responsive client service
- Help expand client business into other areas of TTC BA expertise (e.g., music licensing, business affairs, production services, etc.) through thorough exploration of the client’s business needs and providing additional services or resources for such.
- Attend new business meetings as needed by TTC’s Business Development team
- Help develop leads/research potential clients if needed.
- Minimum Educational requirement: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- College business courses or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum two years’ work experience required in agency Business Affairs, Production or Talent Payroll Company.
- Minimum seven years of experience managing talent rights and budgets.
- Ability to manage larger and more complex client work.
- Experience in broadcast business affairs and talent payments
- A solid understanding of the SAG-AFTRA Commercial, Co-Ed and/or New Media agreements
- Familiar with labor laws that impact the advertising industry
- Excellent communication skills - possesses ability to work directly with clients and personalities of all types is a must.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.