Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Talent Payment Services
As both the oldest and the largest payment provider for actors, models and other performers working in Canada, TPS is comprised of a knowledgeable team of experts who can guide clients through the Canadian talent payment process, from start to finish. As one of The TEAM Companies (TTC) since 2012, TPS works seamlessly with ad agencies and production companies throughout Canada as well as those traveling across borders to ensure a smooth payment process on their commercial productions. The team at TPS is committed to providing unparalleled expertise, making the talent payment process as seamless as possible for clients.
Talent Payment Services is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
The Administrative Assistant is a key administrative support position with general office duties that requires analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for numbers, multi-tasking, and quality client service skills. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with initiative and a pro-active approach to responsibilities and working with clients and colleagues. Discretion in handling company and client information is required, along with professional ethics, appearance, and conduct.
- Maintain office contact sheet with emergency contact information and phone tree for BA staff.
- Maintain BA OOO Calendar and update as needed.
- Assist BA staff in collecting new TTC service agreements for all clients.
- Assist BA staff in preparation and submission of union Assumption Agreements for all projects.
- Assist BA staff as needed on union claims. Collecting contracts and documentation as requested.
- Maintain Union Signatory Agreement List and notify management of expiration dates and renewals.
- Assist SVP and VP with expense reports.
- Arrange Travel, Hotel, and Dinner reservations for SVP & VP and BA Staff Outings.
- Maintain Client list with current contact, address, phone and email information for client notifications, holiday cards, etc.
- Facilitate Monthly prebill report and update with BA managers job status information.
- Electronic and paper file maintenance for BA department.
- Perform additional or special tasks or projects as requested.
- Basic office skills and abilities, – computers, phones, fax equipment, copiers, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills - interaction with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Quick learner.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Minimum typing/keyboarding of 30 words per minute.
- Basic PC Computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel, and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as required.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.