Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew Canada
Cast & Crew Canada provides a combination of legal, accounting and financing solutions including payroll processing, workers’ compensation, production-accounting software and financial services - all under one roof. For more than 40 years — and 20-plus years in Canada — we've supported the motion picture, television, event and commercial industries.
Cast & Crew Canada is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
The Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for assigned shows and to be the point of contact for the client in aspects of payroll processing. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to proficiently demonstrate payroll processing ability in all Canadian related payrolls, union and non-union. Extensive knowledge of Canadian unions and guilds and Employment Standards are necessary.
- Process in-coming payroll, which includes checking that timecards are in accordance with all applicable Provincial, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Enter start slips, update address information, TD1’s, agent information, etc. as necessary.
- Accountable and responsible for quality service in assisting and servicing clients in regard to payroll production, tax-related issues, answering pertinent questions, and problem-solving in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports: timecard verification, fringe, pencan, buyout and payroll history.
- Verify all union member status by referencing updated union membership lists.
- Maintain accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain the client relationship as it related to the processing of the client’s payroll. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
- Proficient knowledge of the importance of tax credit coding.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of our onTime product.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of our HTG system and digital products such as Start + and Studio +.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- GED or equivalent required; 4 year degree preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in payroll.
- Must have ability to break payroll.
- Excellent PC skills, oral, and written communication ability.
- Ability to work towards team and individual goals.
- Knowledge in Provincial Employment Standards.
- Must exhibit sense of urgency with regard to client servicing.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients.
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented.
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.