Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
The Audit Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the Labor Relations team and clients for the pension audit process.
The ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills, advanced administrative/clerical skills, is comfortable with technology, and possesses an interest in learning entertainment contracts and payroll.
- Runs various reports (payroll registrars, pensions, fringe, data sheets) per client or team requests
- Answer audit letters from the fund offices.
- Forward audit request to client and request permission (via formatted letter) to process audit on behalf of clients.
- Requests various materials and documentation for audit.
- Works with various teams including the payroll department, facilities, and labor relations.
- Filing, miscellaneous office duties, and other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years in customer service/client support
- Data entry, administrative or comparable experience required.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Computer literacy required, includes proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possesses excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- 4-year degree preferred
- Understanding of, or experience with payroll contracts
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Experience with Adobe PDF
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.