Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
The Manager of Residuals is responsible for overseeing and leading a residual team and building a strong relationship with clients and unions while focusing on show setups, contract interpretation, reporting, and timely payment of all guild obligations, including DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, AFM, IATSE, and others.
The Manager will lead system administration, enhancements, and operational efficiency to ensure accurate and timely residuals processing following guild agreements. This position collaborates closely with the Cast & Crew Labor Relations and Legal Departments to ensure adherence to contractual agreements.
- Oversee and manage end-to-end residuals-related operations, including show setups, workloads, forecasting, and process optimization, ensuring accurate and timely residuals processing.
- Actively build and implement Residual rules to ensure compliance and accuracy with guild agreements to meet industry standards.
- Provide strong leadership and clear direction to the residuals team, ensuring high levels of accuracy and continuous employee growth through training and development, including coaching and effective performance management.
- Enforce policies and standards related to techniques, material usage, capacity planning, employee scheduling, customer satisfaction, employee relations, and performance measures.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of distribution statements and talent/producer agreements and create product briefs to ensure accurate and timely residual payments for clients.
- Partner with the Labor Relations team to perform thorough analyses and provide valuable recommendations for guild and talent negotiations.
- Collaborate and engage with Clients and Unions professionally, addressing their requests and providing expert guidance on union rules.
- Manage and accurately prepare all guild reporting and payments, ensuring accuracy and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Works with Business Systems on solutions for future system enhancements and guild requirements, engages in User Acceptance Testing and other support systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in residuals/guild management, demonstrating expert knowledge of guild agreements and industry practices.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience, ideally with a bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance degree a plus).
- Effective and articulate written and verbal communication skills to engage with internal teams, clients, and guild representatives.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to handle complex financial data and calculations.
- Excellent time management skills, a strong sense of urgency, and commitment to client servicing.
- Proven leadership abilities, adept at supervising, training, and developing staff.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, capable of resolving issues from multiple stakeholders in a diplomatic manner.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to ensure efficient residuals processing and timely delivery of services, with a keen eye for detail to maintain accurate records and reporting.
- Ability to analyze situations and devise effective solutions, demonstrating a deep understanding of industry dynamics.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.