Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
This position is hybrid to our Burbank, CA headquarters. Primarily work will be work-from-home with occasional commute to our Burbank office as needed.
The Senior Accountant is an advanced level position with both technical and functional related accounting tasks. This position is responsible for a wide range of duties as assigned, including monthly close tasks for specific business divisions (lending business Cast and Crew Financial Services and Cast & Crew Open Health), assistance with audits and other ad hoc projects. It is responsible for reporting of the assigned business divisions.
- Perform entries required for monthly closing for the assigned business divisions
- Record lending activities in general ledger
- Review lending activities in loan module and reconcile to general ledger
- Handle internal and external wire requests
- Review Trade AP invoices coding
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages, including comparisons to budget/forecasts and prior periods
- Prepare bank account reconciliations
- Perform monthly non-cash account reconciliations for selected GL accounts
- Prepare schedules required for the external financial audit and tax preparation as assigned
- Assist outside auditors and serve as a key contact for auditors’ questions
- Create and update desktop procedures for all assigned tasks
- Other duties and special projects will be assigned periodically
- Top Tier ERP system experience (Oracle, SAP, etc.) required
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excel champion (If Statements, Macros, Pivots, Vlookup)
- Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a structured accounting department
- Prefer experience in financial services (e.g. banking) industry
- Big 4 CPA/ Large national firm experience preferred
- Possesses excellent communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally with internal teams and stakeholders
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks under daily deadlines
- Must be comfortable working onsite in our Burbank office as needed.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.