Software QA Engineer
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Work closely with Senior Software Engineers to create and deploy high quality software, services, and systems.
- Write automation tests for Salesforce / Apttus test cases using Playwright application.
- Write test code and automation to validate integration services, APIs, and software systems that have been written by the Back-Office and Middleware team.
- Work with IT, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Service Desk, and other internal teams to troubleshoot code and services that integrate various internal and external systems
- Develop an understanding of back-office systems
- Analyze system requirements to understand the problems that they are trying to solve and come up with testing strategies for validating the solutions.
- Respond promptly and professionally to defect reports
- Estimate task lengths, development activities, and meet schedules
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, &/OR CERTIFICATION)
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role. BS degree is advantageous
- Strong knowledge & experience in software testing and quality assurance
- Strong knowledge & experience with test automation and testing tools
- Ability to write detailed test plans and test cases based on the analysis of business requirements, functional requirements, and design documents.
- Ability to determine test scope and provide accurate test estimates.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot application and environment issues.
- Ability to identify, debug, and clearly articulate software defects
- Good knowledge of more than one high level programming language, as well as common patterns and defects
- Experience working with and testing APIs and Webservices
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies and Scrum
- Willing and able to learn new technologies and frequently switch between different technology stacks
- Detail-oriented, quick learner, problem solver and team player
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Selenium, Playwright or other UI test automation/RPA tools
- Experience with automated and manual testing of REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience with Linux Command Line & Bash Scripting
- Experience with Containerization, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Salesforce / Apttus CPQ helpful