Senior Java Engineer
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
DigiCert is in the market for a Senior Java Engineer with solid experience developing and maintaining scalable and distributed Java applications for DigiCert's DNS Platform.
This is a remote position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Working in a cross-functional agile team.
- Participate and provide feedback in agile ceremonies.
- Analyse and troubleshoot product defects.
- Write good quality and maintainable code adhering to SOLID principles.
- Code Reviews
- Documentation when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 8 + years of Java development experience.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience (preferred)
- Strongly preferred Technology Stack experience: Java 17, Spring Framework & SpringBoot, Hibernate as well as Gradle.
- Solid experience building and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience building and designing REST API’s.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational No SQL) databases
- Experience writing solid unit and integration tests.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Willingness to adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-orientated, quick learner, and problem solver
- Understanding of networking and security protocols e.g. DNS etc. (Advantageous)
- Provident Fund
- Medical Aid + Gap Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Support Program
- Gym Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
DigiCert is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, DigiCert prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified person with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.