Senior Go Developer
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
This role is within the DNS team. As a Senior Go Developer, you will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background in Go, delivering scalable high performing solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate in an Agile cross-functional team, providing feedback and estimates in stand-ups, design sessions and other ceremonies.
- Analyse, troubleshoot, and debug product defects; deliver timely solutions to customer issues with a client-centric approach.
- Profile and optimize Go applications to achieve top-tier performance and efficiency.
- Harness best practices in Go memory management, garbage collection, and concurrency to ensure scalability for millions of connections.
- Craft high-quality unit and integration tests ensuring optimal code coverage.
- Conduct and participate in code reviews.
- Generate thorough documentation.
- Adapt and evolve within your environment.
- Fulfil other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE
- A total of 10+ years of programming experience, with at least 5 years dedicated to Go development.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience and training.
- Deep understanding of Go’s internals, including the runtime scheduler, garbage collector mechanics, and reflection.
- Expertise in Go’s concurrency patterns, goroutines, channels, and select statements.
- Familiarity with Go’s standard library and its subtleties.
- Proficiency in creating performant Go packages and modular code.
- Comprehensive understanding of Go’s toolchain, including go get, go build, go test, and go doc.
- Adeptness in networking and security protocols and concepts e.g., UDP, IP, DNS, PKI.
- Capability in constructing and sustaining distributed systems.
- Proficiency in creating Linux daemon services using Go.
- Experience in low-level system programming and a comfort level working in a Linux environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with an emphasis on prioritization and time management.
- Demonstrated tenacity, self-motivation, and a focus on detail.
DigiCert is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, DigiCert prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified person with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.