Senior Software Engineer - QA
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
POSITION: Senior Software Engineer – QA
As a Senior Software Engineer – QA at DigiCert, you will be a key contributor to our quality assurance team, ensuring the reliability, stability, and performance of our software products. You will play a crucial role in automating testing processes, improving test coverage, and maintaining high-quality software releases.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers and architects to understand project requirements and technical specifications.
- Plan and implement various types of testing, including manual, regression, functional, data validation, system integration, load, and performance tests.
- Develop and maintain a test automation framework to reduce testing time through automation.
- Work closely with development teams to design testing strategies and integrate testing into the development process.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and debug product defects and provide timely solutions to customer issues.
- Promote quality and testing best practices among development teams, reviewing test plans for automation test coverage.
- Stay update-to-date on emerging technologies and industry trends to continuously improve software development processes and tools.
- Contribute to architectural decisions and help drive technical innovation within the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of test automation experience, specifically in testing web applications.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Perl, Python).
- Strong understanding of test design, planning, execution, defect reporting and tracking.
- Experience in both automated and manual web application and web service API testing.
- Proficiency in GitHub Actions and CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins.
- Advanced knowledge of test automation frameworks like Cucumber, Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer, or Playwright.
- Knowledge of both relational (MySQL, MariaDB) and NoSQL/non-relational (Cassandra) databases
- Proficiency in containerization with Docker and expertise in container orchestration utilizing Kubernetes and Helm.
- Experience with software development methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and address complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus
Join our team as a Senior Software Engineer and play a pivotal role in developing innovative software solutions that drive our company's success. If you are a skilled and passionate software engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
DigiCert is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, DigiCert prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified person with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.