Senior Software Engineer - QA
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
DigiCert is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - QA to join our team. As a Senior Software Engineer – QA your role will be central to ensuring the high quality of our software products. You will drive the development of test strategies, test planning and execution. A key part of your role will involve developing and enhancing automation test suite.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Planning and execution of tests including manual, regression, functional and performance tests for security software for embedded platforms
- Development and maintenance of test automation framework
- Responsible for analysis and troubleshooting of defects and help coordinating refactor and design feature upgrade solutions
- Take part in design reviews and collaborate with development teams to generate and update detailed design documents, and design testing strategies
- Help analyze and reproduce customer issues in-house
- Mentor junior QA team members and work on continuous improvement of testing, validation processes and automation
- Estimate task lengths, development activities and meet schedules
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related field of computer networking and security, from an accredited university or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry work experience in a QA engineering role.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Perl, Python).
- Strong understanding of test design, planning, execution, defect reporting and tracking.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Structures & Algorithms.
- In-depth understanding of Network security protocol stack internals including TCP, UDP, SSL, SSH, IPsec and Wireless.
- Experience with Enterprise OSes (Linux, Windows, MacOS) and RTOS platforms (VxWorks, FreeRTOS, QNX) beneficial
- Understanding of secure coding standards
- Flexible and willing to learn/work on new technologies
- Ability to work well in a team and good problem-solving skills
NICE TO HAVE SECONDARY QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of PKI infrastructure
- Experience working with Cryptography API
- Experience with Wireshark Analyzer
- Experience with Git, JIRA, IDEs (Eclipse, MS Visual Studio)
- Embedded system software development experience