Principal Java Engineer
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Java Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative team.
As Principal Java Engineer, you will be a key contributor to the design, development, and maintenance of our web services. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality, scalable, and reliable web services that meet the evolving needs of our customers.
This is a hybrid position in Cape Town.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers and architects to understand project requirements and technical specifications.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software applications, ensuring they meet high-quality standards and performance benchmarks.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, in accordance with coding standards and best practices.
- Conduct code reviews to increase code quality, consistency, and alignment with the product design and architecture.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and debug product defects and provide timely solutions to customer issues.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and industry trends to continuously improve software development processes and tools.
- Leading architectural decisions and help drive technical innovation within the team.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for the entire engineering, team mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 8+ years of professional experience in a software development role.
- Proficiency in Java and a strong grasp of software development principles.
- Expertise developing, consuming, and evolving RESTful web services
- Knowledge of both relational (MySQL, MariaDB) and NoSQL/non-relational (Cassandra) databases
- Proficiency in containerization with Docker and expertise in container orchestration utilizing Kubernetes
- Experience with software development methodologies, such as Agile
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and address complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus.
- Experience building cloud native applications, services-based architecture, DevOps principles and continuous deployment.
- Application of secure coding practices and methodologies.
- A passion for unit testing and consistently delivering high-quality code.
- Provident Fund
- Medical Aid + Gap Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Support Program
- Gym Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Join our team as a Software Engineer and play a pivotal role in developing innovative software solutions that drive our company's success. If you are a skilled and passionate software engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply.