Senior Software Engineer
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
Senior Software Engineer - IT
DigiCert is one of the largest and fastest growing Certificate Authorities in the world. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who work effectively with both people and technology. As a Software Developer, the work you perform will enhance your current skill set and ultimately contribute to your success and that of this great company. If you meet the qualifications listed below, apply within to be part of an exceptional business and growth opportunity.FUNCTIONAL AREA
Works closely with the Development Teams, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Quality Assurance staff to create software solutions that fulfill the business requirements provided by the project team. In addition, analyzes, designs, codes, tests, implements, maintains, and documents application software.
- Experience using web services (REST, APIs and JSON).
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred).
- Ensures the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Requirements and brainstorm ideas for new features.
- Creates and maintains a repository of common assets and reusable code.
- Follows best practices and standards for accessibility and cross-browser compatibility.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with Git or other software version control system.
- Knowledge of web application servers such as Apache, Nginx, etc.
- Experience with Unit Testing.
- Can use responsive web design to create applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills with positive energy.
- Experience with Agile development necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development or equivalent experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience developing with a content management system (AEM, WordPress).
- 5 years minimum experience in software development.
- Strong Java experience.