Senior Product Manager, Embedded Devices
We’re a leading, global security authority that’s disrupting our own category. Our encryption is trusted by the major ecommerce brands, the world’s largest companies, the major cloud providers, entire country financial systems, entire internets of things and even down to little things like surgically embedded pacemakers. We help companies put trust—an abstract idea—to work. That’s digital trust for the real world.
This is an individual contributor role and sits within DigiCert’s Product Management team and be responsible for the TrustCore SDK. You will play a role in DigiCert portfolio’s enabling embedded, IoT, and connected device manufactures to implement and manage trust in their products from the point of design, development, and deployment. This role is based in Bangalore, India and offers the benefit of a hybrid work environment.
The ideal candidate for this role has a Product Management background in embedded software development or is an embedded developer looking to transition their career into Product Management. You have a firm understanding of embedded languages (C programming), microcontrollers (MCU), real time operating systems (RTOS) and security protocols. You enjoy talking to customers about embedded software and security, as well as understanding customer needs and pain points.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work hand-in-hand with the TrustCore SDK engineering team, attending daily standups, writing product and feature specifications, reviewing and testing deliverables, developing customer code samples and documentation.
- Conduct product business analysis, including gathering business/customer requirements, technical inputs and market data, and translation into functional specifications.
- Have the mindset of being a product owner to create strategy and execution plan to grow product revenue at high double-digit growth.
- Manage and drive product development and project schedules from design to release, making appropriate decisions to optimize time to market; managing business relationships through release and deployment to gather feedback on product quality and levels of service.
- Measure and maintain product success in relation to financial metrics; and working with business executives, operations, business, and software development teams to deliver products to market.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong writing skills (e.g. product documentation, specifications, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software development and C programming.
- Experience using different RTOS platforms such as FreeRTOS or bare metal programming.
- A desire to transition into Product Management and own a product. We will teach you how to be a great Product Manager, you just need to bring the desire and the embedded experience.
- A high-level knowledge of Windows/Linux.
- Understanding of Agile processes and tools, SCRUM and JIRA.
DigiCert offers a competitive benefits package for all of our full-time employees.
DigiCert is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, DigiCert prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified person with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.