Customer Support Representative
Faria Education Group
We are looking for an energetic individual with at least 2 years prior customer support experience to join our Taipei Team as Customer Support Representative for SchoolsBuddy. In this role, you will be responsible for customer support operations in APAC as part of our customer success team. The right candidate will be a self-starter able to stay focused on their priorities while still working within a highly collaborative team, and who is willing to be creative and think outside of the box to achieve the broader team and company goals.
What you’ll learn in the first 30–45 days
- Product knowledge, the hows and whys of using SchoolsBuddy
- The nuts and bolts of SchoolsBuddy as a SaaS business
- The role of support as sales and why good customer experiences matter
- The context and workflows of international schools and how to best support them
- Provide Initial Onboarding calls and support to new customers, establishing priorities, timelines and next steps
- Provide online training sessions on account set-up, you will occasionally need to travel for an onsite training within the APAC region
- Provide online training sessions for existing customers, potentially for new features or new use cases
- Update relevant internal systems with training notes and customer contact
- Follow up with customers to ensure successful adoption and offer further support
- Host live webinars with hundreds of guests, with clear communication & presentation skills
- Running email & telephone support operations, responding to support tickets from teachers & schools admins
- Ensuring that our quality of service (e.g. support request times and resolutions) are maintained at levels of excellence
- Making customers happy (this requires grace under pressure, especially when you’re dealing with a challenging customer that has urgent demands and time pressure)
- Providing Quality Assurance (QA) testing for new feature deploys
- Devising ways to improve our help and support materials
A Normal Week
Over the course of a normal week, you would have:
- Responded to 50-75 support emails.
- Talked with 10–15 schools by phone.
- Conducted 10-20 online training sessions (including Onboarding calls)
- Updated 1–2 help tutorials.
- Relayed several bugs or feature requests as a result of feedback from schools
What are we looking for?
Prior Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years experience in Customer Support, Account Management or Implementation Management.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Interest in EdTech and desire to make life better for students and schools.
- Eagerness, competitive attitude, & ambition to achieve.
- Demonstrated competence / Self-learning.
- Product Management experience useful but not required
- Anticipate 10% travel, though it may be more or less depending on personal preference
- Rotating shifts: Please note this role may require EMEA office hour shifts on a rotating basis (ie week A: 9am-6pm Taipei time, week B: 2pm-11pm Taipei time)
- Internalised Faria Habits & Routines.
- Internalised support & implementation processes encompassing
- Proven Commitment during Crisis.
Capabilities & Character
- Product Knowledge & Understanding of Customer ‘Jobs-to-be-Done’.
- Proficiency with all Customer Success Tools (Jira, Zendesk, Google Docs, Zoom, GoToWebinar, etc).
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with other departments on small projects and tasks.
- Improvement based on feedback and observation of others.
- Online Presence & Responsive Communication.
- Customer-empathy and quick resolution
- Responsibility and ownership of tasks and projects.
- Collaboration across teams and timezones.
- Number of tickets solved & trainings/Implementations completed.
- Beating individual customer satisfaction targets & response times.
- Quality of support & guidance provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Faria operates a safer recruiting policy and the successful applicant may be required to complete an enhanced disclosure from the DBS and an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity.
Please note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Faria Education Group
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services providing an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in over 155 countries.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Competitive salary, plus eligible for support team variable compensation plan
- Monthly Health & Wellness Allowance
- Office lunch & team socials
- Professional Development opportunities