Solution Consultant, OpenApply
Faria Education Group
We are looking for an energetic, tenacious Solutions Consultant with prior EdTech or SaaS sales and account management experience to join our team in a full-time role based in our Shanghai office. In this role, you will have responsibility for the mainland China region, winning new OpenApply clients, supported by our Marketing team. The right candidate will be a self-starter able to stay focused on their priorities while still working within a highly collaborative team, and who is willing to be creative and think outside of the box while still aligning their work with broader team and company goals.
OpenApply is a modern School Admissions Management and Advancement System supporting every stage of the applicant journey from enquiry to enrolment. Our cloud-based interface works seamlessly across devices for both families and staff, streamlining the process and reducing stress. From custom-built forms to robust information management tools, sophisticated analytics to automated messaging, OpenApply supports every key function in the admissions office. Today over 700 schools in over 80 countries rely on OpenApply to help manage their admissions process.
- Working with both new and existing customers, managing the end-to-end sales process to achieve Faria’s high growth strategy and goals for new sales and cross-sell.
- Complete engagement outreach and pipeline follow up with thoughtful strategy, purposeful segmentation, and appropriate urgency.
- Conduct online demonstrations to schools in the mainland China region, articulating the value propositions persuasively, and exhibiting empathy for customer jobs-to-be-done.
- Maintain a healthy and consistent sales pipeline and keep our CRM up to date.
- Report sales activities, campaign metrics, and sales results.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to ensure aligned messaging, as well as sharing best practice and process improvements.
- Represent Faria Education Group at conferences and events across the region.
This position is hybrid online and office-based, but will require some travel (when permitted) for conferences and events, and occasional sales visits where relevant.
What are we looking for?
Prior Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years prior sales or account management experience, preferably in EdTech or SaaS.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills with careful attention to detail and a natural flair for building effective relationships.
- Interest in EdTech and desire to make life better for students and schools.
- School admissions/administration experience a bonus.
- Eagerness, competitive attitude, & ambition to achieve.
- Demonstrated Competence / Self-learning.
- Anticipate 15-20% travel
- Internalised Faria Habits & Routines.
- Internalised sales processes encompassing.
- Proven Commitment during Crisis.
Capabilities & Character
- Product Knowledge & Understanding of Customer ‘Jobs-to-be-Done’.
- Proficiency with all Sales Tools (Jira, Zendesk, Google Docs, Zoom, Power BI, Hubspot, BaseCamp, etc).
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with other departments on small projects and tasks.
- Improvement based on feedback and observation of others.
- Online Presence & Responsive Communication.
- Customer-first attitude.
- Responsibility and ownership of tasks and projects.
- Collaboration across teams and timezones.
- Number of demos completed.
- Clean and consistently filled pipeline.
- Beating sales and account management targets.
- Competitive salary, plus eligible for sales team variable compensation plan.
- Monthly Health & Wellness Allowance.
- Office lunch & team socials.
- Professional Development Budget.
- Regular performance reviews
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Faria operates a safer recruiting policy and the successful applicant may be required to complete an enhanced disclosure from the DBS and an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity.
Please note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT FARIA EDUCATION GROUP
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services providing an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in over 155 countries.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.