Internal Sales Support Intern
Faria Education Group
We are looking for an energetic, tenacious Internal Sales Intern to join our team in a part time role in our Shanghai office. Your role would be to support the ManageBac/OpenApply Sales Team and local People Operations team through administrative processes.. The right candidate will be a self-starter able to stay focused on their priorities while still working within a highly collaborative team, and who is willing to be creative and think outside of the box while still aligning their work with broader team and company goals.
ManageBac is a Learning Management Platform used by over 3,000 schools around the world. As part of our team you’ll assist colleagues looking to bring in new customers as well as working with our existing customers to expand their use of ManageBac. The international schools market is growing exponentially and there is room for overachievement in this role.
OpenApply is an Admissions System & CRM used by over 600 schools around the world. As part of our team you’ll be part of a growing team looking to bring in new customers as well as working with our existing customers to expand their use of OpenApply. The international schools market is growing exponentially and there is room for overachievement in this role.
Internal Sales Support
- Liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Customer Service, Marketing, Professional Development, and Finance departments) to improve the entire customer experience
- Trouble-shoot and resolve unique client situations through tailored and creative solutions
- Prepare quotations and agreements for new and existing customers
- Assist the sales team in managing outreach campaigns
- Work closely in team environment to achieve individual, team, and company goals
- Manage deadlines and reprioritize to accommodate customer needs and expectations
- Work across teams to contribute to the overall mission of Faria, drive innovation of our products, and further our relationships with our schools
- Organize and verify employees' monthly expense reports and cross-check invoices.
- Maintain the Petty Cash. Responsible for collecting invoices, and submitting to finance at the beginning of each month after ensuring accurate compilation and verification.
- Other temporary work arranged by People Operations Team
What are we looking for?
Experience & Requirements
- Basic written and oral English & Communication Skills with careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated Competence / Self-learning (Academic success or Resourcefulness).
- Interest in EdTech and Desire to Make Life Better for Students and Schools.
- Eagerness & base ambition to achieve.
- Exhibit patience and empathy. .
Skills & Competencies
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner - gather and analyze information; develop alternative solutions; know when to escalate complex situations to a Solutions Consultant or Manager.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information - collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities - support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Understand business implications of decisions - display orientation toward profitability; demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; align work with strategic goals.
- Demonstrate independence and reliability - respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; commit to getting the job done; report activities, campaign statuses and leads; resolve questions through correct channels with urgency; post clear written notes according to company templates and standards.
- Product Knowledge & Understanding of Customer ‘Jobs-to-be-Done’.
- Proficiency with all Account Management Tools (KBL,Jira,etc).
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with other departments on small projects and tasks.
- Improve based on feedback and observation of others.
- Online Presence & Responsive Communication.
- Work two days a week, eight hours per day, excluding a one-hour lunch break.
- Internalised Faria Habits & Routines.
- Internalised account management processes encompassing Skills & Competencies below.
- Proven Commitment during Crisis.
- Competitive salary, plus eligible for sales team variable compensation plan
- Monthly Health & Wellness Allowance
- Office lunch & team socials
- Professional Development Budget
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Faria operates a safer recruiting policy and the successful applicant may be required to complete an enhanced disclosure from the DBS and an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity.
Please note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT FARIA EDUCATION GROUP
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services providing an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in over 155 countries.
ManageBac is the leading online planning, assessment and reporting platform for IB World Schools, supporting over 140,000 educators in 130 countries for over 15 years. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern and mobile-ready interface, ManageBac offers a seamless & integrated experience for coordinators, teachers, students, and parents.
Pamoja is an education technology company based in Oxford, UK. We provide schools across the globe with flexible online learning solutions that address key educational challenges, from structured content through Pamoja Lesson Suite, to courses fully taught by our own teachers, Pamoja Online Courses.
OpenApply is a modern School Admissions Management System supporting every stage of the applicant journey from enquiry to enrolment. Our cloud-based interface works seamlessly across devices for both families and staff, streamlining the process and reducing stress. Today OpenApply supports over 500 schools in over 80 countries.
Curriculum Trak provides the leading curriculum management platform for K-12 faith-based schools. The unique Faith Learning Integration allows teachers to easily align key conceptual spiritual understandings with curriculum, lesson plans, and learning outcomes. Schools can also join a larger network of faith-based schools to collaborate around faith-based teaching content and resources. Founded in 2003, Curriculum Trak services are used by more than 850 schools and districts.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in Portland, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, UK, and Ukraine.