Account Manager, ManageBac
Faria Education Group
We are looking for a full-time account manager to take on ownership of a portfolio of clients for ManageBac. The account manager position is critical to the maintenance and growth of our existing client base and is often the external persona of the company. The right candidate will be a self-starter who can stay focused on their priorities while working within a highly collaborative team to ensure the best possible client service available. We seek personable and professional account managers willing to be creative and think outside the box while still aligning their work with broader team and company goals.
The responsibilities of an Account Manager include:
- Developing rapport with ManageBac clients, building trust, and cultivating strong partnerships to manage your book of business
- Working within the Account Management Team to achieve company goals for retention, cross-sell/upsell, and expansion of accounts
- Troubleshooting and resolving unique client situations through tailored and creative solutions
- Handling tough conversations with clients dealing with multiple external factors affecting retention
- Preparing proposals/quotes and contracts for clients for our products and services
- Utilizing excellent written and verbal communication with clients as well as within and across internal teams
- Ability to travel around 30-35% of the time to meet with clients in person, attend conferences & other events, and attend internal company events
- Multitasking, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing a variety of workflows and tasks
- Working across teams to contribute to the overall mission of ManageBac and our parent company, Faria, drive innovation of our products, and further our relationships with our client schools
- Problem-Solving Skills: Identifies and resolves problems promptly; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations
- Educational Experience: Prior experience with K-12 education is highly valued, especially with educational technology. The role will also require continued education and upskilling in educational trends.
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, and is committed to getting the job done.
- Initiative: Passion and drive to succeed, going beyond what’s expected, looking for opportunities to grow
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Technical Skills: Proficiency and/or willingness to learn ordinary business and communication technologies (i.e., SalesForce, HubSpot, Zoom, Skype, Slack, PowerBi, etc.)
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited book budget
- Monthly health and wellness allowance
- Cozy, fully-equipped office in London
- Friendly atmosphere, office lunch & team socials
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.K.
Career development and other business needs occasionally present themselves, even for non-traveling roles; therefore, we ask all Faria Education Group employees to maintain a valid passport.
Full training will be provided during induction, and further training will be given throughout the duration of your employment in order to assist in advancing your career with Faria Education Group.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
ABOUT FARIA EDUCATION GROUP
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services, providing an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home, and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in over 155 countries.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.