Community Lead, Pamoja
Faria Education Group
Founded in Oxford in 2009, Pamoja is the leading online course provider for the world’s most sought-after international secondary school curricula. It is the only company authorised by the International Baccalaureate to provide online courses for the IB Diploma. Over the past decade, Pamoja has developed a truly global community of learners, expanding the curriculum of its international school customers and providing its students with a broader range of course options and increased opportunities for personalised learning. During the 2022-23 academic year, Pamoja enrolled more than 3,500 students from 749 schools in 110 countries.
Faria is a leader in international education systems and services, offering integrated systems suites across learning, admissions, school-to-home, and online courses and study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in 155 countries.
Reporting to the Principal of Online Courses, the Head of the Academic Community is responsible for supporting and guiding Pamoja’s team of teachers and Course Advisors in the Community workspace. The Head of the Academic Community will be an international educator with experience in online pedagogy. This is a hands-on, trouble-shooting, operational role in which the Head of the Academic Community needs to balance day-to-day support and guidance with longer-term projects in a fast-paced, educational environment. While the emphasis is on pastoral support for the teaching faculty, the Head of the Academic Community should have experience in training, creating, and implementing webinars and the latest in educational technology.
To ensure Pamoja course delivery standards are supported through:
Head of Community Team:
- Lead and manage the Community Team in their support of the Pamoja teaching community.
- Resolve issues, specific comments, or discussions raised in the community.
- Resolve emerging trends and themes which may occur at different times of the year.
- Attend scheduled administration meetings as required.
- Provide reports to the Principal of Online Courses, where required, containing:
a) Current topics in professional learning space and subject workspaces.
b) Comparison of subject workspaces’ activities and practices.
- Support other teams in coordinating the capture of teacher feedback for improvement in collaboration and the overall improvements of the workspaces.
Support services for teachers:
- Create a dynamic, professional learning community that features a range of proactive resources, activities, and services that address the needs of both internal and external practitioners.
- Maintain a high-quality discussion forum within the learning community and support discussions within the subject areas.
- Provide a controlled, shared repository for collaboration documents.
- Actively support timely topics to enhance teachers’ knowledge.
- Collaborate with community team members to create and host scheduled webinars to a regular annual timetable.
- Platform and systems troubleshooting with teachers
Support services for the Academic Team:
- Support and organize community and online forums and materials to support the Academic Team that is both reactive and proactive to current needs and future requirements.
- Deliver a quality experience and support to teachers promoting appropriate online teaching methodologies and technologies.
- Suggest strategies and actions for course delivery and course content improvement, where such suggestions add to the quality of course delivery and content.
- Create, manage, and run teacher training cohorts each year in conjunction with Teach Anywhere recruitment.
To raise the profile of Pamoja as a leader in blended learning through representation:
- Public Relations
- Present at conferences when requested.
- Visit schools and global education ministries as appropriate.
- Contribute to blogs, webinars, and social media events and generally support the marketing team.
- Advocate for the purpose, value, and pedagogy of Pamoja Education courses, representing Pamoja Education at schools, conferences, association meetings, and other events as discussed and agreed.
- Contributing to the program evaluation and research agenda.
- Contributing to partnerships with educational research institutions.
Please note that as Pamoja Education is an expanding and changing organisation, this description reflects the general nature and level of work assigned to the role. However, it does not restrict the right to reassign duties or responsibilities at any time, based on business needs, if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.