Major Account Manager, Toronto
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Ideal for organizations with highly complex hybrid environments, Flexera One is a SaaS-based IT management solution that visualizes your entire IT estate, from on-premises to SaaS to the cloud, so you can make game-changing IT decisions—all from a single user interface.
Solutions that provide a system of IT insight:
- IT Asset Management - transforms technology data into actionable intelligence, empowering IT to effectively manage, govern and optimize their hybrid IT estate. With the right asset data, you can discover software and hardware, reduce risk and spend through optimization and control shadow IT.
- Cloud Migration and Modernization - having full visibility into applications across the IT landscape and their interdependencies provides the needed foundation to make sound cloud transformation decisions and operate cloud at scale.
- Cloud Cost Optimization (FinOps) - get a comprehensive set of cloud cost optimization capabilities designed to implement FinOps processes across your entire cloud environment. Flexera's CCO works with all cloud service providers, including Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, and less common/region specific providers.
- IT Visibility - Consolidate, normalize and contextualize IT data for strategic use. Improve ITSM and ITFM with information from our Technopedia catalog and identification—the only curated source that helps fix CMDB data quality issues. Feed IT business systems with holistic IT data that links business services with resources, cost, usage and risk.
The Major Account Manager will sell the Flexera portfolio to a list of (30-35) in an assigned region. You will meet/exceed assigned revenue goals by working with a team of Solution Engineers, Business Development, Channel, Marketing, and other members of the Flexera organization.
You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding annual quota (~ $1M) through execution of sales strategies, utilization of innovative business development techniques and accurate forecasting.
- Prospect across a broad range of accounts to build high-quality pipeline
- You will develop and run a sales strategy with a target account list
- You will be responsible for building and developing account relationships through personalized contact, understanding of the customer's needs, and ability to effectively communicate the value of Flexera’s solutions
- Lead sales campaigns and motions that build customer value and enable multi-year, multi-solution transactions
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments and consistently deliver against that forecast
- Negotiation of pricing and contractual agreements to close the sale
- Work with channel and alliance partners on joint opportunities
- Development and maintenance of relationships in named accounts where applicable
Qualifications & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in selling Software solutions (preferably cloud, cloud cost, cloud management, ITSM, ITAM/SAM, data, security, risk management software, application resource management)
- Experience utilizing a defined Sales Methodology (re: MEDDPICC, MEDDIC, Challenger, etc.) for business needs/business pain understanding
- Successful in finding and uncovering opportunities with net new and existing accounts, via creative prospecting tactics and hunting activities
- Full ownership of the end-to-end sales process (this is not an overlay role)
- Strong reputation for exceeding sales quota
- Consultative sales experience targeting relevant companies/businesses to drive cost savings and efficiencies throughout their IT organization
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent verbal communication, presentation, and social skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.