Business Development Intern - 2024
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Be a vital part of our Milwaukee-based Sales Development team as we drive leads and growth for Flexera, a $425M+ global tech leader that specializes in IT management and cloud cost optimization solutions.
The Business Development Intern will be very important within the Flexera sales organization because it’s designed to teach you sales and provide you with real-world sales experience. You will prospect/identify new sales opportunities, follow-up and qualify leads, and set meetings for Senior Sales Executives. You’ll be trained in the latest technology and sales techniques/methodologies and work closely with our broader sales and marketing teams.
We are ideally looking for candidates that are currently juniors who are interested in a full-time, paid summer internship that can potentially transition into a full-time role upon graduation.
The summer internship position is best suited for those interested in Sales, curious to learn the marketing/sales process and gain prospecting skills in the technology software industry.
In this role, our Flexera Summer 2024 interns will:
- Contact Flexera prospects and customers via phone, email & LinkedIn
- Understand persona- and solution-based selling
- Learn how to conduct a qualification & discovery call
- Utilize top industry Sales Tools, including AI, and learn how technology is changing Sales & Marketing
- Assist with execution of Sales Development campaigns as instructed, entering information into the CRM database as instructed
- Learn skills like opening calls, overcoming objections, handing off prospects to Sales, and asking for a meeting
- Work in a unique environment: alongside the existing Sales Development team, seeing how they find success
- Deliver on an exciting project as a team and in a fun, competitive environment
- In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, as part of our summer intern program, interns will participate in:
- Group project and exposure to Flexera leaders
- Learning opportunities
- Social connection points with our other interns
- Learning among our current Sales Development team in Milwaukee
Minimum required skills & experience:
- Excellent, professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be in Milwaukee downtown office 4-5 days a week during the 8 week summer internship (schedule to be provided)
- Highly self-motivated
- Proficiency in all MS Office Applications including- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Seeking a Bachelor's degree in business-related or similar area
Flexera is a global software company, based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our 1300 employees across the globe serve over 80,000 customers - some of the largest, most well-known companies in the world. Our solutions provide a holistic set of asset data necessary to Rightsize, Reallocate Spend, Reduce Risk and Maximize ROI across on-prem, SaaS and Cloud investments.
We have been consistently recognized as one of Chicago Tribune "Best Workplaces" and certified as a “Great Place to Work” in US, UK, India and Australia.
- Awarded “Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for the 11th consecutive year
- Awarded “Great Place to Work” certification in US, Australia, India and UK
- Awarded “2022 Best Places to Work” by Built In Chicago
- FinOps Certified Platform Badge from the FinOps Foundation
- A leader in Cloud Cost Management and Optimization by the Forrest Wave
- A leader in Software Asset Management by Gartner
- An IBM-Certified alternative for ILMT (IBM License Metric Tool)
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.