Product Manager, ITAM-FinOps
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Cloud Products team at Flexera. We need you if you have deep understanding of product management, technology trends, and a proven track record of creating SaaS-based enterprise or mid-market product solutions for management or optimization of infrastructure and/or software.
You will be responsible for understanding and refining product strategy and product roadmap for your area and executing on this roadmap and go-to-market by defining and tracking product success metrics and ensuring improvement. Your day-to-day activities will include communicating with customers and internal stakeholders, understanding/refining/documenting user requirements, working with product owners, architects and engineers to drive product development.
Critical in this role will be your ability to manage incoming feature requests and priorities, conduct market research, perform competitive analysis, develop business case justifications for new capabilities and feature enhancements.
- Familiar with building products intended for key IT functions in large organizations like IT Asset Management, IT Service Management, IT Financial Management, and Public Clouds Management.
- Practical knowledge of what it takes to architect & build a successful SaaS application.
- Working with customers to understand their needs and the business value they need to see from a feature.
- Working with internal audiences (sales, marketing, etc.) and Sales enablement.
- Points for expert knowledge in one or more of the following subjects: FinOps, ITAM, SAM, public cloud cost optimization, ITIL.
- Problem-solving skills going from the customer to how the technology works with ability to quickly translate customer opportunity or need into product and technology requirements.
- Strong strategic thinking, able to translate the company's strategic direction into a concrete plan.
- Ability to innovate with an understanding of how to take ideas forward through strong influence skills - build relationships and evangelize strategy & plan well (verbally and written).
- Deep empathy for customers and focus on user-centric experiences.
- Experience with agile software development methods and dev-ops processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; self-starter and purpose driven; have a strong sense of curiosity.
- Ability to communicate with and align around technical strategies with architects and product owners.
- Able to break down customer needs to product components, features, and technologies.
- Be comfortable in front of customers and be able to build relationships.
- Bachelor's degree; education concentrated in business or technology fields is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a product manager or product owner role, preferably in enterprise SaaS or mid-market digital products.
- Experience with enterprise solutions targeting Global 5000 customers.
- Experience working in matrix organization influencing work in different functions of user experience design and software development.
Product Area Focus
Companies invest in their IT architecture and applications with the best intentions, yet this is resulting in inefficiency and overspend, often in the millions of $$$. As the pace of deployment and migration to cloud continues to accelerate, it creates unique challenges of maintaining visibility and control of infrastructure and software resources across multiple hybrid environments.
With deep understanding of IT, cloud and software through our leading position in ITAM and FinOps, Flexera is uniquely positioned to help customers deal with the issues above and provide comprehensive, consistent, reliable data and insights for driving key business outcomes:
- Improve visibility and allocation of cloud and hybrid spend across entire organization.
- Optimize to increase efficiency of investments in cloud and on-prem infrastructure and software.
- Operate/manage/govern hybrid technology (both cloud & on-prem) efficiently and at scale.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.