Product Manager - Cloud Migration
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Product Manager, Cloud Migration
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Cloud Products team at Flexera. If you have deep understanding of product management, technology trends, and a proven track record of creating product solutions for management/modernization/migration in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, …) and/or containers (Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, AKS, GKE, …) then we need you.
You will be responsible for understanding and refining user requirements, defining a roadmap for your product area and executing on it. Your day-to-day activities will include customer and market research, communicating with customers, engineering, product, and internal stakeholders, working with architects and user experience engineers on high level designs for your features.
Critical in this role will be your ability to manage incoming feature requests and priorities, participate in roadmap planning, develop business case justifications for new capabilities and feature enhancements, develop user stories, conduct customer interviews and manage customer interactions during design and implementation process.
- Familiar with building products intended for key IT functions in large organizations like Public Clouds Management, Cloud Migration, Digital Transformation, IT Asset Management, IT Service Management, and IT Financial Management.
- Practical knowledge of what it takes to architect & build a successful SaaS application.
- Working with customers to understand their needs and the business value they need to see from a feature.
- Working with internal audiences (sales, marketing, etc.) and Sales enablement.
- Capacity management experience or working with tools in the space.
- Points for expert knowledge in one or more of the following subjects: FinOps, public cloud IaaS/PaaS catalogs, public cloud console & APIs/CLI, Business Service dependency mapping, CMDB, public cloud cost optimization, container environment management, ITAM, SAM.
- Problem-solving skills going from the customer to how the technology works with ability to quickly translate customer opportunity or need into product and technology requirements.
- Strong strategic thinking, able to translate the company's strategic direction into a concrete plan.
- Ability to innovate with an understanding of how to take ideas forward through strong influence skills - build relationships and evangelize strategy & plan well (verbally and written).
- Deep empathy for customers and focus on user-centric experiences.
- Experience with agile software development methods and dev-ops processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; self-starter and purpose driven; have a strong sense of curiosity.
- Ability to communicate with and align around technical strategies with architects and product owners.
- Able to break down customer needs to product components, features, and technologies.
- Be comfortable in front of customers and be able to build relationships.
- Bachelor's degree; education concentrated in business or technology fields is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a product manager or product owner role, preferably in enterprise SaaS or mid-market digital products.
- Experience with enterprise solutions targeting Global 5000 customers.
- Experience working in matrix organization influencing work in different functions of user experience design and software development.
Product Area Focus
During digital transformation, you have important decisions to make, such as determining top external-facing applications and whether they have greater business impact if moved to the cloud. Visibility into applications across the IT landscape and their interdependencies combined with high quality data is needed to plan a successful cloud migration with confidence and make efficient use of cloud resources.
Flexera helps customers to plot the best course for modernizing IT infrastructure by addressing the following needs:
- View how IT application dependencies impact business services.
- Determine the total cost of public, private and hybrid clouds hosting scenarios.
- Gain full visibility into workloads for successful cloud migration.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.