Senior Incident, Problem and Service Level Manager
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
At Flexera SRE is responsible for the reliability of our SaaS offerings. This team works with product development to define our Service Level Objectives and performs the work required to ensure we meet those SLOs. These teams employ agile and lean principles in a culture of constant learning and improving.
As an Incident, Problem and Service Level Manager, you will be responsible for driving the Incident and Problem management processes, in addition to developing and maintaining the major incident process and incident prevention process.
You will also be responsible for driving SLA/SLO creation and associated documentation, as well as the monitoring and reporting of service level adherence with the Flexera Product Suite.
- Drives, develops and maintains the major incident and problem management process and associated procedures:
- Ensures all major incidents follow a standardised major incident process
- Quickly sets the priority of incidents based upon impact and SLA targets
- Forms the major incident response team to diagnose and restore service as soon as possible
- Coordinates the communication of major incidents throughout the organisation
- Ensures ownership or incidents/problems and the action plans by relevant operational and/or development groups
- Ensures that problem management action plans are executed in line with agreed targets
- Coordinates vendors and sets appropriate priority to drive resolution targets
- Performs post incident reviews and adjusts the major incident and problem management processes in line with feedback from stakeholders
- Perform incident/problem trend analysis:
- Create management reports identifying trends of incidents and problems based on incident types, products, affected infrastructure and customer impacts
- Hold regular reviews with operational and development teams to review recurring incidents and drives root cause resolution
- Reports on the status of proactive incident and problem prevention to key stakeholders
- Drives SLA creation and adherence:
- Ensures that SLAs are agreed, documented and regularly reviewed
- Identifies support requests, incidents and problems which are close to target dates, and proactively drives resolution
- Produces management reports on SLA and KPI adherence, and identifies and drives improvement actions
- Defines and maintains the Incident Priority Model:
- Ensures that incidents are categorised and prioritised based upon SLA targets
- Ensures that incidents and problems have allocated target dates in line with the priority model, and drives resources to ensure that target dates are achieved
- Drives the integration of infrastructure monitoring tools with the Service Management tool, and ensures that alerts from monitoring tools are recorded and assigned to the correct resolver group
- Defines the service transition process, and works with Release Management and Engineering to ensure that a product is fit for production release
- Contributes to the continual service improvement and cost management initiatives by highlighting recurring incidents and feeding these into the development pipeline
- Fosters relationships with internal/external stakeholders, and utilises them to resolve incidents and perform problem investigation
- Higher education degree in the area of software engineering, computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience
Critical Skills / Competencies
- Demonstrated customer focus and a collaborative, team-oriented approach
- Willingness to work with a range of technologies and a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies on the job
- Willingness to work flexible hours including being on an 24x7 on-call roster
- Commitment to producing high quality solutions
- A constant drive and willingness to improve the current operational environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks & well developed time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.