Senior Engineering Manager, Databricks Technology
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
At Flexera, we're on a mission to empower global enterprises by transforming IT insights into decisive actions. We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager with expertise in Databricks technology including Spark and Delta Lake to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leading and managing high-performing engineering teams, as well as deep technical expertise in Databricks and related technologies.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in building and maintaining our Databricks platform. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to ensure that our platform is integrated with other components of our system.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage a team of engineers in building and maintaining our Databricks platform
- Define and execute on the technical roadmap for our Databricks platform
- Develop and evolve Databricks enabling capabilities to enable speed to innovation for our analytics, AI/ML, and product development teams.
- Work closely with engineering teams to integrate these services with the rest of our platform
- Hire, train, and mentor engineers
- Establish and maintain a high-performing engineering culture
- Collaborate with product and design teams to ensure that our platform meets the needs of our users
- Collaborate closely with both Product Management and engineering teams to review project requirements, technical artifacts, and designs, and ensure that our platform meets the needs of our users.
- Balance competing demands by prioritizing new feature development, architectural improvements, and the reduction of technical debt to maintain a sustainable and scalable platform.
- Champion and actively promote continuous improvement in product quality, security, and performance standards across the development team.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to engineering teams operating within Agile principles, ensuring agile methodologies are effectively applied throughout the development lifecycle.
You'll be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or management field, or equivalent work experience including 5+ years of experience in engineering management and 3+ years of experience with Databricks technology including Spark and Delta Lake
- Strong technical expertise in distributed systems, big data, and cloud computing
- Experience in leading and managing high-performing engineering teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with other big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, and Cassandra
- Superb communication skills and emotional intelligence to work with people across multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.