We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
As a member of the Global Content Operations team in Flexera you will be a key contributor to collecting, curating, researching, and validating customer discovered and market data that drives Flexera’s product portfolio. Data is the fuel that drives customer value against enterprise-wide technology assets and is key to bringing visibility to product normalization, license optimization, vulnerabilities, and open source.
Flexera have built the largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets on the planet. We connect decision makers to the systems and information they need by enabling a common data language and view across their business. The world’s largest repository of software and hardware asset, vulnerability, and open-source data platform will unite the software industry and strengthen the supply chain everyone depends upon.
We are looking for extraordinary Software Engineer that are organized, detail-oriented and curious to be a key contributor to the Flexera’s High Quality Asset Data business segment. If you like doing online research, keep reading! The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research, investigating, and collecting data into a Content Database according to specific rules and procedures. He/she will also be tracking the latest information from the IT market and several other vertical markets and updating/maintaining a comprehensive reference catalog with the most up-to-date information.
This role requires skills Data analysis (using SQL, python, Go, AWS and knowledge on CI/CD), online research, with ability to investigate and collect specified information quickly and accurately. People who have skills in process optimization, understand workflows, who can innovate, propose new ideas and realize incremental improvements are of special interest to us.
- Respond to requests to investigate content related issues, identify root cause, and remediate.
- Conduct research, investigate, and collect data on software and hardware products from various sources and curate the data into the catalog.
- Relate data points from 3rd party vendors and product suppliers and ensure consistency, quality, and accuracy in our normalized database.
- Advise how data drives customer value, business use cases and decision making.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Track the latest information from the IT market and update/maintain a comprehensive reference catalog with the most up-to-date information.
- Operate with consistency, quality, and accuracy in relation to our Content Operations standards.
- Communicate effectively with Support, Engineering and Product Management regarding enrichment, defects, data alignments and gap-fill requests.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and update articles on our knowledge base.
- Confidently promote our team’s principles across the organization
- Creating tooling and systems for better maintenance and monitoring of the content services
- Understanding the system, tool, application workflows and adopt towards the same.
To be successful the Content Ops will need to have some (if not all) of the following attributes:
- Awareness of IT Asset Management (ITAM), software and hardware assemblies, version, edition, and release management
- Familiarity of software licensing including open source and vulnerabilities.
- Familiar with stored procedures in MSSQL/Oracle and strong SQL skills including an understanding of data structures e.g., 3rd normal form normalization.
- Familiar with AI/ML concepts and data analytics.
- Strong research skills, able to investigate, locate, and collect specific information quickly and accurately.
- Strong reading comprehension skills, able to understand information found on web pages, product documentation, technical and marketing articles and extract specific content quickly and accurately.
- Comfortable dealing with huge amount of data and able to organize them according to specific rules and patterns.
- Familiar with ticketing tools such as Service Now, Salesforce and JIRA
- Knowledge of databases, API’s, SQL, scripting languages and process automation is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player
The Following Personal Qualities Are Desired
- Passionate about self-learning and active in the (local or online) tech community
- Highly motivated with attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and prepared to go the extra mile when the team is up against it.
- Achieves the right balance of confidence and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently within and between teams.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.