We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
As the Product Owner, you will manage the full product lifecycle for your product, you will be responsible for creating user stories by collaborating with product managers, user experience design and engineering, identifying clear acceptance criteria for each. Serving as the voice of the customer internally, you will work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision and scope for each feature, conduct customer research and gather feedback on feature development.
Collaborating with engineering you will actively participate in the agile processes and remove/mitigate impediments impacting successful completion of release/sprint goals. You will own and drive the product release funnel for your Agile team, working with other product managers and development teams to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each product release.
- Create user stories by collaborating with product managers, marketing, and engineering. Identifying clear acceptance criteria for each story.
- Work with Product Managers to create roadmaps and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the product vision and scope for each feature, and then gather the technical details of the feature breakdown.
- Serve as the voice of the customer internally.
- Actively participate in the agile processes, as a team product owner.
- Remove/mitigate impediments impacting successful completion of Release or Sprint goals.
- Support Product Management with customer research and gather feedback from internal and external stakeholders on feature development.
- Help create marketing materials such as datasheets and white papers that communicate the benefits of our product offerings to customers, reflecting our position as an established industry leader.
- Be a product ambassador and expert among stakeholders - engineers, managers, and technical support staff.
- Support customer interactions, specifically when validating new functionality or collating information about enhancement requests or defects.
- Collect and maintain competitive data for reference by the organization.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- A relevant BA/BS degree.
- A strong technical background including experience developing and deploying complex on-prem and SaaS software products.
- Working knowledge of product development architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and other Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, and attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English, especially applied to understanding and communicating product related items to teams and to stakeholders.
- Ability to work with large teams.
- Understanding of design quality standards.
- SaaS experience a plus including understanding SaaS architecture, business models, vendor licensing models, implementation challenges, etc.
- Experience working in matrix organization influencing work in different functions of user experience design, and software development.
- Flexible with working times as some meetings with our US-based teams may fall into the evening hours.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.