Senior Software Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
The Security Specialist at Flexera are respected for their sense of detail and quality; they turn every stone on their quest to verify and assess reported vulnerabilities and to ensure that customers receive the most accurate vulnerability intelligence from Flexera.
If you have a passion for security, vulnerabilities, and exploits, then you may just be the candidate we are looking for.
Being part of the Secunia Research department at Flexera is not going to be easy, in fact it is going to be very challenging career opportunity. The art of vulnerability analysis and research has only become harder to master in recent years because software producers are building more security into their products.
Additionally, the Secunia Research department is frequently involved and consulted when it comes to potential vulnerability reports against Flexera’s products. In a capacity aiding Flexera’s PSIRT (Product Security Incident Response Team), we frequently support the PSIRT with the analysis of potential vulnerabilities, suggesting prioritization, working with Engineers on potential solutions, and guide communication.
- Filter incoming data gathered by the Secunia Research departments’ robots with respect to eligibility of vulnerability information contained and in conjunction with the products our customers are interested in.
- Conduct research, investigate and collect data on software and hardware products from various sources and curate the data into our database.
- Analyze and verify the filtered vulnerability data in the context of various products like Web Applications, Open Source, Binary Applications and Embedded devices.
- Aggregate such vulnerability data in conjunction with data representing third-party product context.
- Capabilities to adapt the analysis process depending on each context and to articulate the analysis and its decision gates towards Secunia Research’s team members.
- Write up Secunia Research content based on that aggregation – such advisories written by the Secunia Research team follows a very specific template, where information learned during the analysis is inputted into the advisory in a structured form. Success measurement is the number of mistakes made, like e.g., grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, factual errors, or a faulty analysis.
- Quality ensure Secunia Research content produced by other team members and perform effective, non-biased communication to resolve potential issues discovered.
- Ensure that Secunia Research stays true to its “no mistakes” mantra.
- Passionate about data analysis, aggregation, and quality.
- Security awareness and security interest when it comes to analyzing vulnerability data and security best practices in products.
- Being mindful about customer focus, to ensure that customers are adequately warned.
- Prioritization skills to ensure that vulnerabilities get processed with importance in mind, e.g., 0-days (Zero Days) being handled more quickly.
- Strong research skills, able to investigate, locate, and collect specific information quickly and accurately.
- Strong reading comprehension skills, able to understand information found on web pages, product documentation, technical and marketing articles and extract specific content quickly and accurately. Find inconsistencies in such documentation and resolve the inconsistencies respective provide a path to their resolve.
- Determined and persistent self-starter in the quest to find the highest quality content, identify and solve content related problems.
- Some basic programming language experience can help to assess data and refine more efficient ways of processing data (e.g., Python).
- Some interest in vulnerability research.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.