Cloud Network Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Cloud Network Engineer
Flexera is looking for a Cloud Network Engineer with experience in building and maintaining cloud network infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be responsible for helping to maintain our cloud network infrastructure and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of cloud network infrastructure projects. The Cloud Network Engineer will be expected to have extensive experience with AWS network technologies, infrastructure as code, and Cisco routers.
- Assist in the maintenance of network infrastructure in AWS.
- Create and implement infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Ensure the stability and performance of the network infrastructure through monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Implement security policies and procedures to protect the network from external and internal threats.
- Configure, manage, and maintain virtualized Cisco Cloud Service routers.
- Provide on-call support through a team rotation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in network engineering and administration.
- Experience with AWS networking technologies such as VPCs, VPNs, Transit Gateway Networks, Cloud WAN, Direct Connect, Route53, ELB/ALB, and Security Groups.
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) using tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches and a strong understanding of networking protocols such as BGP, OSPF, VLANs, and MPLS.
- Strong knowledge & experience of network & application layer firewall design, implementation & troubleshooting.
- Experience managing client VPN solutions from companies like Pulse Secure (Ivanti), Cisco, or Palo Alto
- Knowledge of security best practices and experience in implementing security policies and procedures in a cloud environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- AWS certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional, and Cisco certifications such as CCNA or CCNP are a plus.
- Bangalore based candidates would need to be available for 1 hour in the evening twice a week Monday – Thursday for meetings with US based staff.
March through October 9:00PM – 10:00PM IST
November through March 8:30PM – 9:30PM IST
Candidates can flex their hours to cover after-hours activities.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.