Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
Flexera is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. We are seeking someone with experience working on a cloud product with a micro-services architecture (Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes), in a DevOps culture, with a strong CI/CD approach.
- Help to eliminate operational toil - seek to automate repetitive operations work.
- Establishing and enhancing CI/CD pipelines
- Create dashboards with Grafana/Prometheus which help communicate the metrics for a given product service.
- Collaboration with other teams
- Investigation, debugging and resolution of customer issues.
- Mentoring of team-members on cloud computing, infrastructure, and best practices
- Ensuring the security and reliability of shared Infrastructure with the Flexera cloud
- Making Reliability a first-class citizen
- Design, develop and deploy new features for Flexera products/platforms, as defined by goals from the SRE organization.
- Infrastructure provisioning experience
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Exposure to Linux and good understanding of its commands
- Good networking fundamentals
- GitHub for collaboration and change management.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, EKS, S3
- Database exposure preferably MySQL and MongoDB
Good to have:
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and other web-based application concepts
- Any scripting language experience (Ruby is the current language, but comparable experience in Java, Python, Perl, etc. would suffice)
- Knowledge on Go Lang.
- Knowledge on Helm
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.