Manager, Engineering - Cloud Cost
We’re transforming the software industry. We’re Flexera. With more than 50,000 customers across the world, we’re achieving that goal. But we know we can’t do any of that without our team. Ready to help us re-imagine the industry during a time of substantial growth and ambitious plans? Come and see why we’re consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester and IDC as a category leader in the marketplace.
Flexera delivers Technology Value Optimization solutions that enable some of the largest companies in the world to inform their IT so they can transform their IT. From on-prem to the cloud, companies can get the IT asset data needed to rightsize, reallocate spend, reduce risk and maximize ROI.
At Flexera, we are leading the charge in developing our cutting-edge cloud cost optimization solution that empower businesses to maximize the value of their cloud investments. As an Engineering Manager, you will play a crucial role in both leading and participating in our development efforts. You will manage and guide a team of developers, make architectural decisions, and actively contribute to the technical aspects of the project. Your expertise in Golang, Google Big Query, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS will be central in delivering capabilities to our product.
What you'll do:
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the team, helping them make informed decisions and grow their skills.
- Drive the achievement of business goals by overseeing the timely completion of key features and enhancements while effectively managing risks associated with the development process.
- Collaboration: Work closely with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to ensure the successful integration of various components and technologies.
- Architecture Design: Collaborate with the team to design scalable and efficient architecture that aligns with business objectives and ensures high performance, security, and scalability.
- Hands-On Development: Actively participate in coding, code review, debugging, and troubleshooting to contribute to the development effort while maintaining a focus on architectural excellence.
- AWS Expertise: Leverage your knowledge of AWS services to design and implement cloud-based solutions that meet business requirements.
- Recruit top engineering talent while effectively onboarding new team members to ensure a seamless integration into the organization.
- Champion and actively promote continuous improvement in product quality, security, and performance standards across the development team.
- Provide constructive performance feedback to team members and actively support their career growth and development within the organization.
You'll be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Experience in managing and/or leading development teams in a tech/software company with a demonstrated record of delivering successful projects.
- Experience leading development teams working with the following tech stack is a plus: Go, React, Redis, Databricks, MongoDB, SQL, Microservices architectures, Docker and Kubernetes, Amazon EC2/S3/EKS/Kinesis or other cloud services.
- Deep expertise in AWS services and cloud-native development.
- Proficiency in Big Query or Data Lake technologies.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
Flexera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for open roles regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local/national laws, policies and/or regulations.
Flexera understands the value that results from employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that equity necessitates acknowledging past exclusion and that inclusion requires intentional effort. Our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) council is the driving force behind our commitment to championing policies and practices that foster a welcoming environment for all.